Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dead pixel

• 15-06-2007 9:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭

Hello...

Is there any way of fixing a dead/stuck pixel??

Ive got a blue pixel on my lcd laptop screen, i could live with it but its slap bang in the middle and its distracting while im watching dvds.

Thx Phil.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

No - it's called "dead" rather than "asleep" for a reason.

Unfortunately, most manufacturers won't entertain complaints unless you have half a dozen failed pixels, although you could ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I've a blue one on my old LCD monitor that I can massage away, just gently with the tip of a fingernail, worth a shot.

I got a 19" Acer yesterday with a stuck magenta pixel. It was driving me mad but then I found a method online called a pixel massage. Amazingly it worked, the error's gone! Though I wonder if it'll stay that way. It's only meant to work for roughly 15% of errors.

Just to clarify, a dead pixel is black... dead meaning no power to the transistor. Any other colour is a stuck pixel, there is hope for them but I can only speak for my present experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Gingerspice99

hi

Most companies have a dead pixel policy

Usually it has to be in the center quandrant - so if you imagine the screen is split into nine squares - square one would be top left, square two would be middle top etc - the dead pixel would have to be in square 5

To be honest if you kick up enough of a fuss you will get a replacement - if the agent says no we cant replace it ask for a supervisor and so on.

More info for ya http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/2003/03/19/penalty/

good luck

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

hello...thanks for yr replies everyone....i can't replace the laptop its out of warranty.

But i'm interested in yr solution karsini...have u got a link??

philstar wrote:
    But i'm interested in yr solution karsini...have u got a link??
    Sure. Just be careful...

http://www.jscreenfix.com/faq/24-what-is-a-pixel-massage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

BopNiblets wrote:
    I've a blue one on my old LCD monitor that I can massage away, just gently with the tip of a fingernail, worth a shot.
    Worked for me too -- just a few gentle taps.

Advertisement