Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheese in south Dublin?

• 15-06-2007 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

Where's the best place for cheese in south Dublin? I heard rumours of a Superquinn in Churchtown or somewhere years ago that had a fridge that was the proper temperature so the cheese was just perfect - but I've never found this mystic grail.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

A nice bit of Edam and a bottle of vino ftw! \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Superquinn is very good alright. Or what about Donnybrook Fair or Mortons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Fallon and Byrne on Exchequer Street have an excellent cheese counter.

There used to be a brilliant cheese mongers downstairs in Arnotts as well, but they closed recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Sheridans- They have a branch on South Anne Street and another around the southside somewhere I think. If you're a serious cheese man, they are your best option.

Here ya go:

http://www.sheridanscheesemongers.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Thanks for the replies. I'll go into town when looking for cheese in future. (Can't eat a lot of the stuff myself - cholesterol - but it's nice for guests. I'd love to find somewhere to buy it in the southern suburbs, so as not to have to go into town.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I buy my cheese at the farmers market in Dun Laoghaire on Sundays. They have a good selection and the girls working there are very helpful. You can try cheese before you buy and they have a good conversation about what you're looking for and give you a few to sample. I've bought cheeses from there that I never would have tried before, including a lovely sheep's milk cheese, which was surprisingly delicious!

God, I love cheese! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,558 ✭✭✭✭fits

cheese is my weakness as well.
    Sheridans is very good as are some of the farmers markets... Havent tried Fallon & Byrne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

May I suggest a nice little treat for your guests from Sheridan's?

Get a wedge of Comte cheese & a block of quince jelly.
    Serve on water biscuits.
    This is a slightly unusual, but delicious combination.

Advertisement