Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics leak

Options
  • 15-06-2007 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Anyone read in the Echo today about the physics teacher who claims to've been the one who wrote the physics test? he was giving an interview on what to look over and he let slip to the journalist that he was one of the people who submitted a paper to be considered for what might be the 2007 one... so like it could be his one.... i don't know how accurate it'll be but in the article he seemed to stress that f=ma and calibration curve of a semiconductor is essential to know for experiments.... he also made the point that the options aren't necessarily required to come up in a question... not sure what to make of that one... don't know about the whole thing really like - anyone else see it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

Yep, but I wasn't gonna post it! Thought it was Cork code of honour stuff to keep it from the Dubs like.

But since you've broken the silence; yeah, he kept mentioning F=ma alright. A definite tip. Know also how to use the linear motion equations.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

...but now that he's said it, they definitely won't use it... or will they... zomgbrain****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

&#243 wrote: »
    Anyone read in the Echo today about the physics teacher who claims to've been the one who wrote the physics test? he was giving an interview on what to look over and he let slip to the journalist that he was one of the people who submitted a paper to be considered for what might be the 2007 one... so like it could be his one.... i don't know how accurate it'll be but in the article he seemed to stress that f=ma and calibration curve of a semiconductor is essential to know for experiments.... he also made the point that the options aren't necessarily required to come up in a question... not sure what to make of that one... don't know about the whole thing really like - anyone else see it?

I will cry if the particle physics doesn't come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭óbriain1988

well like the paper'd be distributed around the country now like... they couldn't change it at this late stage.... sure it mightn't even be his like... but he said he submitted one.... be good if it was like!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

there are two back up papers that are delivered along with the first paper, they can change what paper gets handed out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

carlowboy wrote:
    I will cry if the particle physics doesn't come up.

Dont worry, they have to put an option question, what he meant was that the question doesnt entirely have to be solely on the option. The section is so short that they have completely ran out of questions, so they are mixing it up with modern physics, as the two go hand in hand.

Bull**** btw. SEC makes the papers and there are no practicing teachers in the SEC.

carlowboy wrote:
    Bull**** btw. SEC makes the papers and there are no practicing teachers in the SEC.

i don't think so - our geo teacher sent in papers before - i'm almost certain a number of teachers submit one and they're not informed if it's picked or what... hence why this mightn't even be it like... i'm fairly certain our english teacher did one a few years back and worked through it with his class and it came up.. also, i can't see how the SEC could opporate without current teachers, working in the field like...

&#243 wrote: »
    i don't think so - our geo teacher sent in papers before - i'm almost certain a number of teachers submit one and they're not informed if it's picked or what... hence why this mightn't even be it like... i'm fairly certain our english teacher did one a few years back and worked through it with his class and it came up.. also, i can't see how the SEC could opporate without current teachers, working in the field like...

That wouldnt happen to be Neil O Brien would it?! haha!

Thats true though, apparently that Ernie O Hara guy from Bruce still has a big say in the chem/phys papers.

I know what i read anyway, I don't care about the rest of ye. F=ma all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Cremo wrote:
    there are two back up papers that are delivered along with the first paper, they can change what paper gets handed out.

So they print twice as many papers to through them out after June?

adam_ccfc wrote:
    I know what i read anyway, I don't care about the rest of ye. F=ma all the way.

Thats been a tip all along though, it has only come up once in the past 20 years.

eZe^ wrote:
    Thats been a tip all along though, it has only come up once in the past 20 years.
    No, I mean just using it like. As in force = 20N, mass = 10kg, find acceleration.

That kinda sh1t.

Yeah, its another reason why its bull****, he's just trying to chance his arm. He probably did send one in, but he won't know it was his paper until Monday afternoon. Ergo, to call this a leak is hyperbole at its best.

I'm not saying it wasn't printed in the Evening Echo btw!

carlowboy wrote:
    Yeah, its another reason why its bull****, he's just trying to chance his arm. He probably did send one in, but he won't know it was his paper until Monday afternoon. Ergo, to call this a leak is hyperbole at its best.

I'm not saying it wasn't printed in the Evening Echo btw!
    Your man the head of the Department called round to him with a bottle of champagne. Read into that what you will.

That he's lying then because the Department has noting to do with it. SEC are a different entity.

Anyone have a link?

adam_ccfc wrote:
    Your man the head of the Department called round to him with a bottle of champagne. Read into that what you will.

well i didn't see that bit in the article... :p

carlowboy wrote:
    That he's lying then because the Department has noting to do with it. SEC are a different entity.

Anyone have a link?
    And there are no links no?? You'd have to question just exactly how separate they are;)

Holidays to the Caribbean do NOT come cheap.

mp3guy wrote:
    So they print twice as many papers to through them out after June?

ya that'd seem a bit odd alright...

Am I slow or what? Whoooosh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Can people elaborate as to what else he said

And what do people necessarily mean by f = ma ?

Surely thats just a tiny detail.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Your Man

i read the article aswell, dont think the echo has articles like than online though.
    id also wonder how "seperate" all of these exam boards etc are

Your Man wrote:
    i read the article aswell, dont think the echo has articles like than online though.
    id also wonder how "seperate" all of these exam boards etc are
    Yeah I checked eecho.ie and there's nothing except the front and back pages.

It's on page 14 for anyone who has it. Can't miss it, there's a half page pic of your man with the wife and kids, new merc in the driveway, pond being constructed on the lawn, and a rather conspicuous looking SEC committee member (who shall go unnamed) guzzling finger food on the decking.

Alright, alright, you were a bit more subtle earlier ha ha

eZe^ wrote:
    That wouldnt happen to be Neil O Brien would it?!

emmmm..... tell me who you are and i'll tell you if i'm comfortable revealing my identity.... don't want the teacher fella coming after me for blowing his chances of writing a LC exam as well if the whole thing of back up papers is true.... although it's hard to see how it would be - surely there'd have been stories of handing out the wrong papers in past years like?? and the student wouldn't know till after the test! PLUS it'd be very impractical and against government policy.... (what with the greens in now and then not liking impracticle tree-felling.... but that's a different thread for a different forum!)

anyone want to scan up the article! Fairs fair!:D

seems 2 pretty harsh experiments to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Your Man

i heard on the radio this evenin the echo are in some kind of trouble for publishing the article

Aye, The Department are apparently going to take them to the courts.

Well to be honest, if people get wind of this and the likes, then expect the paper to be changed.

My parents tell me that back yonder, you had to sit the paper again if it was found it had been leaked:eek: :(

Might give me more time though!!

Scan up the article and be nice!
    :D

• Advertisement

Your Man wrote:
    i heard on the radio this evenin the echo are in some kind of trouble for publishing the article

ya it mentioned on that news thing 96fm and redfm broadcast every hour (is that newstalk?? not sure..) but like it just said that the SEC are looking into a possible legal situation with the Echo? didn't say anything about physics like but what else could it be.... nothing else only that the Echo refused to comment... i suppose it'll come out more as time goes on like. well ye heard it here first anyway, whatever comes of it! (if it's not his exam now i say he'll be fair annoyed at the echo like... i know if i went to the bother of writing one i'd like it used!)

Advertisement