Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics leak

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

you could study?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

I think that some crafty leaving cert student just set up a deal with the Echo.

Making us think that if we bought it we'd be better off for physics......There never was any article was there!! :mad:

This was just some clever ploy~!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Yarr-Harr

When i saw no sign i thought it was that guy 1234444 but appearently not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

Well that was a waste.. Anyway, anyone have any tips at this stage!

Wheatstone bridge!
    A prop to F

And i hate to say it but i can see them not puuting that beautiful particle physics Q on!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Your Man

i heard on the one o clock news that yer man made a statement on aljazeera saying if the gaa dont let the thurles 3 play on sunday that he will release the paper in FULL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭óbriain1988

I know!! it's unbelieveable like! he's completely lost the plot! It's his students I'm worried about to be honest like :(
    Does al-jazera have an online-stream?? I think they're getting in the head of the SEC and editor of the Echo to have a debate about it....
    And whatever happens there's only one thing we can be sure of - There's a very insecure physics test happening on Monday, the day after Donal Óg, Seán Óg and Sully should be sporting the red for Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭alancork

eZe^ wrote:
    Thats true though, apparently that Ernie O Hara guy from Bruce still has a big say in the chem/phys papers.

Brilliant, i go 2 him for grinds!!!!!!! he's always putting extra emphasis on certain areas!wahay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Turnip2000 wrote:
    Wheatstone bridge!
    A prop to F

And i hate to say it but i can see them not puuting that beautiful particle physics Q on!!

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't particle physics and applied electricity the option questions? Ie. they have to put both on and you just choose?
    If they don't it's not very fair on the people who picked one and ignored the other, as I'm sure lots and lots of teachers/students do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Yarr-Harr

Whats/whos thurles 3 ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Dooom wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't particle physics and applied electricity the option questions? Ie. they have to put both on and you just choose?
    If they don't it's not very fair on the people who picked one and ignored the other, as I'm sure lots and lots of teachers/students do.
    If they put one on they have to give you a choice between one or the other, but they don't have to put either on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭microbiek

JC 2K3 wrote:
    If they put one on they have to give you a choice between one or the other, but they don't have to put either on.

if they put particle physics on with modern physics will modern physics still have its own Q otherwise its not fair on the ppl that do applied electricity!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Particle physics is inseperable to modern physics. Your applied elec question could have elec. in it.

Then again, I guess there will be a seperate question for modern physics and elec. anyway so not to worry!

microbiek wrote:
    if they put particle physics on with modern physics will modern physics still have its own Q otherwise its not fair on the ppl that do applied electricity!!!!!

True but they overlap anyway? Same as aplied electricity and static electricity? So those questions could be mixed a bit aswell. Were all in the same situation really if the choice doesnt come up? :(

oh yeah eveyones prdicting static electricity!!! is that in the elec option or the like core elec that ev1 should know???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭madnirvana

Anyone knows what method you have to learn for the Exp- To measure velocity

Is it Ticker tape one or Light gates?

madnirvana wrote:
    Anyone knows what method you have to learn for the Exp- To measure velocity

Is it Ticker tape one or Light gates?

either light gates is easier tho

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dean-16

&#243 wrote: »
    ya that'd seem a bit odd alright...
    yea doesnt it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yarr-Harr wrote:
    Whats/whos thurles 3 ???

Donál Óg Cusack, Sean Og O' Hailpin and Diarmuid O' Sullivan from Cork. It was a joke, dont worry bout it. Has to do with Cork/Clare tiffle before a match, where these players are now banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

This has nothing to do with the leak but what happens if a question says "Give 3 reasons for blah blah blah"

and we write down 7, 4 of them being wrong and 3 right. Do we get the marks and the wrong stuff is ignored or are we penalised for being wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Feddd

Same as in any other subject(Mostly). Write down as much junk as you can and if one is right you still get marks.

Would it also apply if theres a calculation where you can't remember wether to multiply or divide the numbers so you do it out twice with both methods?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

eZe^ wrote:
    Dont worry, they have to put an option question
    No, they don't.

Feddd wrote:
    Same as in any other subject(Mostly). Write down as much junk as you can and if one is right you still get marks.

Would it also apply if theres a calculation where you can't remember wether to multiply or divide the numbers so you do it out twice with both methods?

Put a line through the one you think to be incorrect and dont make it look like your just guessing or using process of elimination. They'll most likey giv u the marks if one is right?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Nehpets wrote:
    This has nothing to do with the leak but what happens if a question says "Give 3 reasons for blah blah blah"

and we write down 7, 4 of them being wrong and 3 right. Do we get the marks and the wrong stuff is ignored or are we penalised for being wrong?

They'll mark you for the ones that are right and ignore the wrong ones UNLESS your answers contradict one another. E.g., if you claim electrons are both negatively-charged and posively-charged because you can't remember which it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

There are alternate exam papers printed up before the LC anticipating a leak.. Happened in 1998 was it? And yes they are recycled after the exam, printed in Mainland/Eastern Europe!

Regarding Maths: The paper is set by a panel of appointed officers (teachers that don't teach) and independant contributors (3rd level lecturers), taking on board suggestions from current 2nd level teachers. This is how it used to be done, i'm sure it's the same.. My dad set papers with the SEC for a few years in the late 80's/ early 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

What needlessly wild speculation (not to mention total rubbish) is going on here about how the SEC prepares its exam papers.

If you're really that interested, why don't you download the SEC's Manual for Drafters, Setters and Assistant Setters from their website:
    http://www.examinations.ie/about/Setting%20Manual_rev3.pdf

It explains who's involved and what they do, explains all of the confidentiality conditions that they sign up to and how the whole process works.

Interesting reading, but you'd still be much better off just studying your physics instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭óbriain1988

What needlessly wild speculation (not to mention total rubbish) is going on here about how the SEC prepares its exam papers.

If you're really that interested, why don't you download the SEC's Manual for Drafters, Setters and Assistant Setters from their website:
    http://www.examinations.ie/about/Setting%20Manual_rev3.pdf

It explains who's involved and what they do, explains all of the confidentiality conditions that they sign up to and how the whole process works.

Interesting reading, but you'd still be much better off just studying your physics instead.

No need, all the predictions came up... must've been ya man's paper alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

No...this guy predicted F ~ A which didn't come up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

Doesn't matter, he's in Barbados now lapping up the sun, drinking a tequila, surrounded by hookers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 spongebobgirl

I can't believe the predictions actually came up!

Advertisement