Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Consultation day

• 15-06-2007 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Is this an important day? I wont be in Ireland 2nd July so im gonna miss it. Can someone tell me what im missing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

CONSULTATION DAY
    Academic staff will be available in all departments, on Monday 2nd July 2007 to discuss results with students. Students are entitled to see their examination scripts if they wish and scripts will either be available on this consultation day or at another mutually convenient time.

You only need go if you have a query about your results or scripts. Note the last bit. If you still need to see someone give their departmental office a ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

A lot of people use this day to plead their case for not repeating an exam and being allowed through to the next year.

Other people who have failed a particular subject may go to the head of department and try to have their repeating waived because they are giving up that particular subject in the next year.

Sometimes the above tactics work, other times they don't.

Some people also just like to know what particular questions let them down or just want a general breakdown of results.

It can be interesting. I remember discovering I had failed a question in Biology for an Ecology module in first year. I passed Biology but failed that question and was really surprised because I had studied hard and felt I did well. So for second year I completely avoided Ecology and didn't study it at all but when the exam came I was forced to attempt the question as my other gambles hadn't paid off :rolleyes:. When I went to consultation day I discovered that I had gotten a first class honour for my answer (eutrophication of lakes)!

It goes to show that firstly gambling on certain questions coming up is stupid, secondly, that just because you think you did well/poorly in a question doesn't mean you did and thirdly that consultation day can be interesting sometimes.

So, no it's not vital but it can be interesting. If you are not around and want to get a breakdown anyway, call the relevant departments and arrange a results breakdown for another day. :)

Advertisement