Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Returns to Ireland in December

• 15-06-2007 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

AIKEN PROMOTIONS present SMACKDOWN LIVE

Date: December 4, 2007
    Time: 7:30 p.m.
    Venue: Odyssey Arena
    City/State: Belfast, Ireland

On-Sale Date: Saturday 23 June 2007 - 9:00 a.m.

Ticket Information:
    Prices £55.00 / £38.00 / £27.50 / £20.00

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

YES!!!!!!!!! i want to see SD! so bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

belfast is too far (coming from the guy who went to detroit for wrestlemania ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

krudler wrote:
    belfast is too far (coming from the guy who went to detroit for wrestlemania ;) )

Try Chicago! :D

plus its way to expensive with the gb pound conversion,stupid english and their refusal to join the eu!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

krudler wrote:
    plus its way to expensive with the gb pound conversion,stupid english and their refusal to join the eu!

The UK is in the EU though

Don't think I'll be going myself. Would have been just after December to Dismember, but that was cancelled. It's on a Tuesday too, that's when SD is usually taped. So either they'll be taping SD with Raw on the Sunday or Monday, or they'll be doing SD tv from Belfast, which I would doubt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

krudler wrote:

Uh, the United Kingdom IS part of the EU, they joined the same time as us back when it was the EEC. They just never joined the single european currency, and they were smart to do so because the value of money tanked the second we did it and we got screwed over as a result.

I'm actually not gonna bother with WWE live events anymore after the amazing event the UFC pulled off in the Odyssey last night. They really pulled out all the stops for it and it was worth the trip up. Think i'll save my money for that in future :)

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

WWE house shows are not really worth the money full stop. If it were a Raw or SD taping I would make the effort to travel alright, but house shows are a tad predictable. Not to mention over priced.

Uh, the United Kingdom IS part of the EU, they joined the same time as us back when it was the EEC. They just never joined the single european currency, and they were smart to do so because the value of money tanked the second we did it and we got screwed over as a result.

I'm actually not gonna bother with WWE live events anymore after the amazing event the UFC pulled off in the Odyssey last night. They really pulled out all the stops for it and it was worth the trip up. Think i'll save my money for that in future :)

VR!

i meant the single currency, but ya the house shows are too expensive,for that money you might as well gt a cheap flight to one of the tapings in october in the uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

So your all sure its going to be a house show then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

house show prices in this country are a disgrace. What was it last week 75 euro for Raw in Dublin or something along those lines. A ringside seat for a live Monday night Raw in the states cost $60 or 44 euro (30 stg approx)

I got two floor seats for my friends for this years rumble (not ringside but floor, close enough). They cost just $90 (approx 67 euro) or 8 euro less than the seats for lasts weeks dublin house show :eek:

• Advertisement

yeah prices over here are crazy,you can walk up an arena in america for a live show and buy tickets at the door for $20,not like over here where theres a mad scarmble for tickets 6 months before the show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Ticketbastard's handling of WWE tickets here is a disgrace, Unless you actually know someone there, you could pay top buck for a good area and still get the worst f*cking seat on the block!

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

i aint going to go, smackdown took the **** end of the stick in the draft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Raw is coming to belfast the sat and sun be4 smackdown !!! nice to see another brand coming 2 ireland pitty not dublin

Dublin1983 wrote:
    i aint going to go, smackdown took the **** end of the stick in the draft.

why dont you just ask brett heart to get you tickets for raw in the uk? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Yellow Snow

Hey guys! So I've recently gotten back into wrestling (was into it in a BIG way for most of the 90's and early 00's) and got two tickets for the show in Belfast. Does anyone know if it's the taping for that weeks televised Smackdown or just a house show??

On the WWE site its advertised as:

AIKEN PROMOTIONS present SMACKDOWN LIVE - Belfast, Ireland 7:30 p.m.

Other shows in the UK are advertised as:

WWE Presents SmackDown Survivor Series Tour

And as far as i know Smackdown is normally taped on a tuesday (correct me if i'm wrong) so it makes sense that this is the proper show and not just a house show! Really hope it is, managed to get two ringside seats so would be great if it was the full works show!!

Anyone know for sure??

Anyone know for sure??

I don't know for sure, but I do know that when they advertise Raw or SD "Live" in America, it means a non-televised show. The Survivor Series Tour shows you mentioned are two months before the Belfast show, and if you look at those UK dates, you'll see that the tv tapings are just called Raw and SD, there's no mention of the "Survivor Series Tour" bit

So like I said before, I really doubt it'll be a tv taping, but to be certain you'll have to wait until they announce the US shows for the weekend before the Belfast show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Yellow Snow

Cheers Fozzy

Fingers crossed so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

They would advertise it to f**k if it was an actual Smackdown!/ECW taping and I'm sure ticket prices would be more expensive in that case

anyway, as Fozzy said, WWE calls every house show a ''live'' event. I think anytime WWE comes to the UK/Ireland and tapes Raw and Smackdown they don't do it on the usual Monday Raw/Tuesday Smackdown routine as in the US for logistical reasons. I expect WWE will add more UK/Ireland dates around the Dec 4th event as it makes no sense to fly all that way for only one show

i'd guess at the moment plans are for just a live/house show event but that could change, I'm sure Finlay and Hornswoggle would make it a great Smackdown taping in Norn Iron!

I expect WWE will add more UK/Ireland dates around the Dec 4th event as it makes no sense to fly all that way for only one show

They've already announced SD shows in Switzerland and Germany that week and the last show they did here they only did the two shows here and one in Portugal

• Advertisement
Advertisement