Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water supply ,finglas area.

Options
  • 15-06-2007 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

I was going to post this in the home forum ,but I felt the region would get a better reply.

The water here at home (glasnevin) has gotten to a point where it's undrinkable in tea.

Theres a murky taste from it directly from tap ,now I can taste it when drinking tea:eek:
    Has anyone come across this ,I'm hoping it's because of all the new piping done in the area . Any way it could be contaminated though?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The water up in Finglas East/South, which is near enough to Glasnevin is ok... Maybe get onto the council and tell them??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

Im about as East as it gets in Finglas and my waters been a trickle since monday. Ive been onto the council about this and they have offered no timeline for repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moving to Dublin City.

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

droidus wrote: »
    Im about as East as it gets in Finglas and my waters been a trickle since monday. Ive been onto the council about this and they have offered no timeline for repairs.

Same boat. Councilor was up in sycamore drive with someone and the word is, from him, that water will not return for 5 days. The issue stems from the fact that water in the area is supplied to some by Fingal (despite us paying tax to DCC, etc.) who won't supply us with proper supplies until their residents are sorted out. So now some Finglas residents can say they've been abandoned by two local councils.

Incidentally neighbours on the same street are fine. It's hap-hazard as to who has water, but either way, we're on low pressure 3 days now and we're expected to wait another 5 before we get restored service? This is meant to be a first world country...

I've also been told that the tankers with water have not been in their designated locations on several times...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

At least you's have water. I have had none since Monday morning. Happened while i was in work and i do be home too later to catch the tankers. And the fingal county coucil site says it may be a few more days. Shops are also outta water around here. It's a fúckin joke at this stage. Only for the gym i'm able to shower. But can't put on heating, wash clothes or dishes, cooking is a nightmare having to try reuse what water i had already boiled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Advertisement