Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird bebo thing

• 16-06-2007 1:34am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Might be in the wrong place mods so feel free to move. I was thinking it would be best to put it in comp & tech but it's more of a general question on bebo than a computer question so plopped it in here.
    Whenever I log on to bebo it shows my IP address. I thought nothing of it but just clicked the "learn more" link beside it and it sprouted this.
    We thought that you would like to see what your IP address is, and we would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that the actions our members take on Bebo are not anonymous.

This is kinda weird because I don't remember doing anything that would warrent them saying that they know where I live (or so to speak) also the IP address they state is wrong:rolleyes: which I thought was stupid. Does this show up for everyone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

bebo is a steaming pile of horseshíte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

No. It's just you. Confess.

You could probably have logged out. Created a new 'account' & logged in, and tested by now...ten times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

op, where's sligo ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Karoma wrote:
    No. It's just you. Confess.

You could probably have logged out. Created a new 'account' & logged in, and tested by now...ten times.

Screw that, involves me having to open my email couldn't be arsed :p Must have done something stupid when I was hammered. It wouldn't be the first time :D Weird thing is it doesn't even say my correct ip address. If they are gonna say they can trace me the least they could do is get it right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it says it for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

It's to stop pepole being nasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just bebo's way of saying "We know where you live"
    Kinda like those IP address signs you see in users sigs here on boards that think they're leet :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

biko wrote:
    Just bebo's way of saying "We know where you live"
    Kinda like those IP address signs you see in users sigs here on boards that think they're leet :rolleyes:

That's what I thought but they've got my IP wrong :rolleyes: What's the point if they can't even do it right? Just out of interest is anyone elses wrong or is it just me?

That would depend on. Bebo is probably looking at a server address from your provider rather than your computers. Your provider does have your actual IP though in case the Gardai would request it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's getting my one right, **** must get rid of all the pr0n.

• Advertisement

biko wrote:
    That would depend on. Bebo is probably looking at a server address from your provider rather than your computers. Your provider does have your actual IP though in case the Gardai would request it.

Ah balls. Better stop telling all those emo kids to hurry up and kill themselves.

edit: I'm with eircom, they probably don't even know what the hell an IP address is :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Bebo ate my children...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Cremo wrote:
    it's getting my one right, **** must get rid of all the pr0n.

large magnet. hard drive. wipe.

Bebo ate my children...:(

And they're the ones yapping on about trying to make it safe for children on the interweb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Karoma wrote:
    Try that here.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

MooseJam wrote:
    op, where's sligo ?

Yeah this is an Irish forum. I heard it's off the coast off Longford? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Sligo doesn't exist.
    It's made up to scare small children, like the boogy man, or micheal jackson.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

That's what I thought but they've got my IP wrong :rolleyes: What's the point if they can't even do it right? Just out of interest is anyone elses wrong or is it just me?

Yeah it shows mine wrong aswell. When i tried an IP tracking website with the IP bebo gave me they said my ISP was google and i was somewhere in california :confused: But when i tried the IP given by the tracking site it gave my location somewhere on the southside, the location of my ISP im guessing.

Edit:

Strange. My IP is now given as somewhere in Mountain View California by all The IP tracking sites i go to. WTF? My ISP isn't google!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Whoa whoa whoa.... enough of the Sligo-bashing..... that reserved exclusively for people FROM Sligo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

I'm with eircom, they probably don't even know what the hell an IP address is :D

LOL!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

basquille wrote:
    Whoa whoa whoa.... enough of the Sligo-bashing..... that reserved exclusively for people FROM Sligo!
    Exactly. Get the pitchforks mon ami.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Ah balls. Better stop telling all those emo kids to hurry up and kill themselves.

edit: I'm with eircom, they probably don't even know what the hell an IP address is :D

Are ye sure they have your address wrong? You might be thinking of your local ip address which would be something like 192.168.1.100 or something like that. But there is a different ip address for outside of your network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

Any time I sign in to Bebo the IP address they give is different :confused:

Might be that you have an DHCP address

Advertisement