Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert Old camcorder video to DVD

Options
  • 16-06-2007 8:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to put old holiday videos onto DVD. Anybody know of anywhere in Dublin(preferabbly north) that does this.

The camcorder is approx 10years old and the tapes are the small - casstette type ones that only fit in the camcorder. Could i do this myself and what would i need.

Thanks In advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

boy_wonder wrote:
    Hi,

I'm looking to put old holiday videos onto DVD. Anybody know of anywhere in Dublin(preferabbly north) that does this.

The camcorder is approx 10years old and the tapes are the small - casstette type ones that only fit in the camcorder. Could i do this myself and what would i need.

Thanks In advance

I have same project to complete. Buy a cheap DVD recorder. Play to tapes and record to DVD. If you wanna go the extra mile you can then rip the resultant DVD to Avi - Edit on PC - Reauthor and burn to DVD with menu's and chapters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭boy_wonder

Thanks Dave.

Know of any shops i can get done - need it asap and doing it for a mate so buying a dvd recorder aint really an option at moment.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

boy_wonder wrote:
    Hi,

Thanks In advance

If you have Windows XP? why don't you connect the CAM in "Play Mode" to the computer using a Firewire or USB cable & capture its contents using "Windows Movie Maker" (Standard in Windows XP). Once you have it on your PC you can use something like Nero to convert & burn it to regular DVD.

Here's a Video Tutorial on how to do it:
    http://www.hostedmediafiles.com/updatexp/mm2/video4/video4.html

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭boy_wonder

Thanks Gadgetman,

I was wondering if this could be done. Will try as soon as i can.

Cheers

Advertisement