Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P2P/File sharing 3 broadband

Options
  • 16-06-2007 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to get eMule to work with my 3 broadband connection but I keep failing the TCP test. I've checked and my IP config reveals

PPP adapter 3 DataModem HSDPA:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.210.70.175
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.210.70.175

But my external IP is actually Your IP Is 217.171.xxx.xxx

I suppose it's got something to do with ports, with regular broadband I would just forward the ports to my local IP but can't seem to get any sort of similar functionality out of that "modem".

Anyone help?

Cheers

X

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

hi there...i had the same trouble with my p2p program

But then i remember that i had the settings automatically set for dial up.

So i just simply uninstalled and reinstalled the program...and it automatically detected my bb connection...and everything is now working fine:D

BTW...u should check out Shareaza..best p2p program/network by a country mile..they go into so much detail that its mindblowing:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I tried reinstalling as above. No joy.

It seems my internal IP is not accesible by anyone on the outside world. I tried setting up a webserver on port 80 but if I try and access it using my external IP I cant connect.

Is there anyway to forward all ports from external IP to my internal one or is this impossible to do with this USB modem thingie.

Appreciate any thoughts suggestions,

X

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Xcellor wrote:
    I'm trying to get eMule to work with my 3 broadband connection but I keep failing the TCP test. I've checked and my IP config reveals

PPP adapter 3 DataModem HSDPA:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.210.70.175
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.210.70.175

But my external IP is actually Your IP Is 217.171.xxx.xxx

3 uses "private ip" segments in their network. 10.x.x.x is not a public ip address. This means, that they are firewalling you at some point and I'm not sure, if they are forwarding connection from the outside in to your private ip.

Another problem in regards to P2P (and VoIP for that sake) is, that I've so far never seen more than 60 kbit upload on these connections. Anyone correct me on that ?

/Martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kopiko

I found a simple trick to get emule to connect properly with 3 mobile broadband without having to tweak any obscure configurations, I hope it works for you.

Open mobile partner. Check out on the left bottom corner what signal you're getting.
    If you have 3G and you click on "connect 3 usb modem" it gives you a ip address like this one : 10.210.70.175
    IP address starting by 10 = bad for emule connection.
    But if it says HSDPA 3, and you connect the modem at that moment, you will get a different ip address, starting by 92.
    IP address starting by 92 = very good for emule connection!
    The trick is to catch the HSDPA band to connect. Disconnecting and reconnecting quickly helps.
    Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Let ancient threads lie.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement