Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prince of Persia

• 16-06-2007 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

I have bought Prince of Persia from XBLA, Great game etc etc, but I'm stuck @ the dark prince, he has 4 health and I have 6. Everytime I hit him I loose a piece of life and when he dies I die and vice versa. Anybody gotten past him. He is driving me mad

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

:D

One of the most famous video game puzzles ever. He isn't the dark prince but a mirror image of you so will do exactly the same as you do. If you attack him he will attack you. The way to beat him is to just walk past him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

God I love this game. I loved it when it first came out and I love it all over again. Great update of an old classic.

I laugh at the reviews online which slate it for its unforgiving nature. It's Prince of Persia!

Penny Arcade had a great update there a couple of days ago about the futility and insanity of the gaming establishment in "reviewing" old games and why they shouldn't bother. "Oh, you need to write a review of Pac-Man? Here's your review - it is f*cking Pac-Man!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I have some points on my account that I've no plans on using, is this worth it or will I do my nut in on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

It's a really good game .... worth 800 points ? maybe not, as it's short lived, but you will get say 4 hours out of it. The aim is to finish the game in under 60mins. But you won't do this on the first run.

But the 4 hours you will have will be the pinnacle of a 90's platform game. Frustrating in places, but worth the effort ten-fold.

My review 8/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

i was stuck on the dark prince bit for a while until it clicked, i remembered from back in the old days of playing it on my atari ST what i had to do :D
    Same goes for the mouse bit, and the skeleton, all remembered like id never stopped playing it! does anyone know how to get that one life potion that the dark prince steals? I was sure id found a way to do it back in the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Smoggy wrote:
    It's a really good game .... worth 800 points ? maybe not, as it's short lived, but you will get say 4 hours out of it. The aim is to finish the game in under 60mins. But you won't do this on the first run.

But the 4 hours you will have will be the pinnacle of a 90's platform game. Frustrating in places, but worth the effort ten-fold.

My review 8/10

Technically, it was 80's :)

Advertisement