Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What mod fixes the combat in Morrowind?

• 16-06-2007 11:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

I remember reading about a mod that fixed the combat in Morrowind and made it so that it doesn't suck (ie if I hit something, I always do damage).Can someone please point me towards/give me the name of this mod?Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You misunderstand the way Morrowind worked combat. You clicking attack and the character swinging the sword represented your character trying to hit the enemy. If you hit, you always did damage. Your character's skill is what determines whether you hit or not. And if you don't like the character's skill having an effect then I suggest you try Severance or some similar hack 'em up.

What you're asking for is a mod that will make it so that you always hit and do damage whenever you point and click at an enemy, like how Oblivion did it. And Oblivion did it pretty damn stupidly. If I aim an arrow at a guy's head at point blank range, plant it straight through his eye, but have a crappy Marksman skill, then I'll do sweet feck all damage.

Though when I think of the marksman skill in Morrowind I feel like both laughing and crying.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I really didnt like the way Morrowind did fighting. Much prefered Oblivion, as it felt more like i was actually hitting someone over the head with a big hammer. It seemed too random in Morrowind (i know it was based on skill, but still).

Give me Morrowind, with its amazing quests, locations and skill trees, with the Oblivion engine and fighting system :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

agree with the Z'ster preferred the skill system in morrowind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Oh I never said I preferred the system in Morrowind, I was just pointing out that the OP was confused about how it worked.

My ideal method would involve a complex system that bases precision and speed of blows on the skills.

So, for example, think of Oblivion. If you had very low Blade skill when you attacked with a sword it would take ages to swing and would veer wildly off course from where you were aiming, and if it hits it doesn't do that much damage. At the highest levels the swings are super fast and precise, doing huge damage.

etc :)

Advertisement