Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Permenant - Permenant tsb due date

Options
  • 16-06-2007 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all, I am interested in the opinions of anyone in a similar position to mine who has had an Irish Permenant now Permenant tsb mortgage, this is in relation to the due date for mortgage payments.

On the 6th of August 1992 I took out a mortgage with Irish Permenant, the repayments were debited via Direct Debit from my Irish Permenant Cashsave account a couple of days before the due date of the 6th of the month, and I was happy with this.

A few years ago, Irish Permenant were transformed into Permenant tsb and the decided without informing me or without my permission, to change the due date on all former Irish Permenant mortgage to the last day of the previous month which is 6 days earlier than usual, and I would add that there was no recalculation of the monthly payments to take account of this change.

When I insisted that the take the payments on the due date as before, the refused saying it is because of IT issues and if the did it for me the would have to do it for every one else.

I then canceled the Direct Debit and closed my Cashsave account. Since then I have been making my repayments by cheque (from my NIB account) so as to ensure that the payments are made and arrives on or just before the correct due date.

My question is;
    Have any of you who had Irish Permenant mortgages in a similar position regarding your due date and if so are you aware you may be making payments before the are due, which would amount to a loss of interest on your account.

I am not being petty about this, it was an insignificant loss of interest to me but if thousands of former Irish Permenant mortgages are involved then it puts a different complexion on the matter.

Advertisement