Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help please??

Options
  • 16-06-2007 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

i have clearwire bb and dey were not tat bad for the first month,but then after a month i couldnt get my limewire to work i think its somethin gotta do with p2p blocking:mad: very frustrating as i signed a 12month contract,,but the other day i got a email saying my first six months were for free!i think clearwire wud be gud if it didnt block p2p or throttle ports!

im gonna change bb wen my contract is up,,so any tips on a good bb in the dublin area tat doesnt block p2p or throttle ports??i also have no landline!

cheers in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I didnt realise it was possible to text a post to boards!:)

Theh forum is full of posts and threads about the various merits and demerits of the various wireless (and cable) providers. Please look around a bit - your question is asked and answered several times a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Rozbeef

matty84 wrote:
    i have clearwire bb and dey were not tat bad for the first month,but then after a month i couldnt get my limewire to work i think its somethin gotta do with p2p blocking:mad: very frustrating as i signed a 12month contract,,but the other day i got a email saying my first six months were for free!i think clearwire wud be gud if it didnt block p2p or throttle ports!

im gonna change bb wen my contract is up,,so any tips on a good bb in the dublin area tat doesnt block p2p or throttle ports??i also have no landline!

cheers in advance

don't use limewire, problem solved :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Clearwire have blocked ports for ages, how long ago was your trial?

The way your post is phrased, it seems like you were able to access P2P during the trial?

If thats the case and you can't now then it wasn't really a fair trial and you should report clearwire to consumers protection body (can't remember the name).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Sometimes your router can have blocked ports too. Its easy to change it, its a possibility....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

brim4brim wrote:
    Clearwire have blocked ports for ages, how long ago was your trial?

The way your post is phrased, it seems like you were able to access P2P during the trial?

If thats the case and you can't now then it wasn't really a fair trial and you should report clearwire to consumers protection body (can't remember the name).
    i got it in january and in mid february i couldnt p2p the first month was great but after tat nothing!!quite annoying especially as i like to watch live streaming tv and i cant:mad:

thanks for the help lads

• Advertisement
Advertisement