Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wheel advice for '00 Fiesta LX

Options
  • 16-06-2007 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi,
    I need to get a new set of wheels for my Fiesta 1.25lx. It's the model with the alloy wheels (not sure what size). Anway my mechanic has advised me that all four of the wheels are buckled and one quite badly. Apparently this is a fault with the type of wheels they put on Fiestas, and given the state of roads was going to happen sooner or later.

Has anyone else any experience of this? I don't know whether to go for another set of alloys - or just the normal steel ones? The aesthetics of this are not important to me. Also where's a good place to go for either? I've been told there's a guy somewhere around the Tullow area - would anyone have any more info on that or any other place that I could go to? Am in the Newbridge area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

if the aesthetics of the car aren't important to you, you should just go for original spec Ford steel wheels and hubcaps, Finlays in Newbridge may have some steel wheels lying around. Alternatively they can be got in a scrapyard for very little money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Mocking Burd

Ok will probably check out the scrapyards - Finlays or any dealership would probably be extortionate. ta

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Finlays aren't the worst TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Mocking Burd

Maybe not, and a friend of mine does work there, but I don't patronise their business - on principle. (Statoil/ Shell related).

Thanks for your advice though :D

Advertisement