Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Border Highway almost finished! :)

Options
  • 16-06-2007 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hey, the new cross border road from Dundalk-Newry is finally almost done! :)

Part of it was opened this week; from Dundalk to almost the border, with part of it operating contraflow on the southbound carraigeway. The northern section should be finished soon, yayay! The sooner we get rid of that old road the better!

Can see http://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=268 for pictures.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Nordie

Great news, that will make my journeys shorter again:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Is this going to be motorway all the way to Newry and are the Nordies on course to do their bit before the end of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Is this going to be motorway all the way to Newry and are the Nordies on course to do their bit before the end of the year?

isnt it meant to hook up with the motorway that leads to belfast and bypass newry? seems a bit pointless having it going just to newry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MDTyKe

At the moment, it'll just go to Newry. It will connect to the new part of the A1, from Newry to Loughbrickland via a flyover when it's done. So until 2012, when that's due to be complete, it'll just terminate at Newry. The Newry section will be 3 lanes each side; for about 1km approaching Newry, for when it'll split off in the future.

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Wow Matt, you really know your roads!

Keep up the good work!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement