Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top Up on 3

• 16-06-2007 1:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

is there any sign of electronic top up on 3? found it so handy to be able to text top up back when i was on vodafone... on the aib banking site they said they cant cater for 083 customers AT THIS TIME so maybe in the future...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Alot of 3 customers like me have said the same thing about topping up. At this stage there should be a facility to top-up online at least. Its a pain to have to go to a store to top up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Typical 3. Good technology but completely non-customer friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Skary

Has anyone here ever tried to set up relationships for these kinds of things with a bank/chain of banks before?
    Obvioulsy not if you think that it is as easy as 1-2-3 There are various levels of red tape, legal contracts and many more exciting things that have to happen before something as simple as "electronic topup" can happen
    Granted - I am not in the telecoms industry, so I dont know the full background, but I have had projects with banks and it has taken months and months to do something really SIMPLE. I have been a customer of 3 since they started, I have been through the whole scotland and india thing as much as everyone else, but maybe I am realistic. These guys are doing the best they can. I have dealt with FAR worse call centres based in IRELAND - (anyone ring the ESB lately????) I have seen a massive improvement in 3's customer care over the last few months, and I personally think India is better than Scotland. Its all about attitude at the end of the day... so give them a break - they are trying really hard, and anyone who I know personally who is on 3 are great advocates.. none of them have had a ridiculously bad experience with them, it does seem to be people who want more and want to go against the norm who have the biggest issues.. 2+2=???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Skary wrote:
    Has anyone here ever tried to set up relationships for these kinds of things with a bank/chain of banks before?
    Obvioulsy not if you think that it is as easy as 1-2-3 There are various levels of red tape, legal contracts and many more exciting things that have to happen before something as simple as "electronic topup" can happen
    Granted - I am not in the telecoms industry, so I dont know the full background, but I have had projects with banks and it has taken months and months to do something really SIMPLE. I have been a customer of 3 since they started, I have been through the whole scotland and india thing as much as everyone else, but maybe I am realistic. These guys are doing the best they can. I have dealt with FAR worse call centres based in IRELAND - (anyone ring the ESB lately????) I have seen a massive improvement in 3's customer care over the last few months, and I personally think India is better than Scotland. Its all about attitude at the end of the day... so give them a break - they are trying really hard, and anyone who I know personally who is on 3 are great advocates.. none of them have had a ridiculously bad experience with them, it does seem to be people who want more and want to go against the norm who have the biggest issues.. 2+2=???
    Just ask them for a copy of the paperwork O2/Vodafone/Meteor used and tippex in3 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

ciaranfo wrote:
    Just ask them for a copy of the paperwork O2/Vodafone/Meteor used and tippex in3 :D
    you need a credit card for that tho thats just as awkward as going to the shop... suppose it would work in emergencies tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Skary wrote:

Actually yes, I have as a matter of fact - electronic topups for epos and it really is as easy as 1-2-3.

Advertisement