Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 106 Headlamp, CV joint and general queries

Options
  • 16-06-2007 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

hi

Have had me Mk1 94 Peugeot 106, first car and all that, it's a right little yoke.
    Took a chance buying it but have just got it through the NCT. Had new brake disc, trackoids(spelling no idea) and ball joints changed. Everything else passed great.

So have it for 2 more years and would like some advice on a couple of things.

Little problem with a grating type rattle. This only occurs when accelerating through a left turn. I've tracked down from various sources that this is a worn CV joint. As this was not picked up on the NCT I'm wondering how serious this is. Obviously I realise a worn part will eventually need to be replaced. Has anyone had simiilar problems with a 106 or otherwise. Anyone know what the damage would be to replace this part.

While washing it today I noticed something peculiar. Although not serious, I'm curious about it. Basically the front head light sticks out a bit. The other head lamp is aligned fine. Has anyone heard of anything similar? Are the clamps that hold the lights in place adjustable?

As with any car of it's age the paintwork has a few minor blemishes. Couple o fscratches, fading, etc. I've heard from these forums that a spray paint would be way too costly. But I've also heard that you can get products that take a light skim off the paint, and bring out the fresh colour beneath it. Any tips ideas about it.

Last thing, the dash, fittings and bumper instead of being black, are now a sorry looking, dead grey. Any products people have used to freshen it up?

Sorry bout the long post, but I'd be grateful for anyone's insight/ expereinces.

Brian

Advertisement