Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Generator

Options
  • 16-06-2007 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I'm Just wondering has anyone had any problems with the Generator Aldi sold a few weeks ago.
    I purchased one in the Limerick store and whe I took it home the petrol tank had a leak.
    I returned this one and got a different one as a replacement, when I took the new one home and started it up it had a power output for less than 5 minutes.
    I then rang The customer support number and they advised me that a capacitor had blown in the generator(a common problem apparently). The guy I spoke with couldn't have been nicer and advised me to return the generator to Aldi ( not really an option as I don't live in Limerick and had arranged transportation both times previously to get the generator and have it replaced).
    He then suggested sending me out the part that needed replacing (great service).This part duely arrived 2 weeks later and I fitted it myself ( simple job).The generator then ran perfectly each time I needed it for about 2 weeks it has now packed up again ( I suspect the same part has blown again).
    Am I the only one that has bought a faulty generator(they must have sold hundreds) and do we as consumers not have some rights when it comes to being sold faulty merchandise(The customer rep on the phone admitted that it was a common problem).
    Its not good enough to say we have a 28 day return policy with receipt or we have a 1,2 or 3 year return policy.
    If I pay out good money for something I expect it to do the Job and not have to keep returning it to its point of sale.

Anyone else have problems with this product.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from Bargain Alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Im sorry, whats the problem? You had and still do have the option of bringing it back for a refund. So do it, you cant blame the manufacturer for you buying it somewhere far away from where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Hello Saruman,

"Im sorry, whats the problem? You had and still do have the option of bringing it back for a refund. So do it, you cant blame the manufacturer for you buying it somewhere far away from where you are. "

I have conceded That the refund options are still available to me.
    I have not tried to "blame" the manufacturer for the fact that I don't live beside one of their stores.
    My only reason for posting on here is to try and find out if other consumers have had similar experiences with the generator.
    If the product as marketed to the public is unsafe and unable to be used as intended then there is a case for a product recall.

Regards,

Fries.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

My dad bought one of those genny's about a year ago not sure if it was lidl or aldi. He has only used it a couple of times while on holiday with the caravan but hasnt had any problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

What are you running off the generator ?? ,I thought the cheap ones only output about 800 watts or something like that ??

EDIT : It looks like that generator is 730Watt ,not a lot really .

• Advertisement

Hello Brian,

I was running bog standard c d player and 2 strings of coloured christmas lights in a childrens outdoor sensory room.

Regards,

Fries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Bring it back, get refund, move on with life.
    Buy cheap buy twice.

Hello Savman,

Advice heeded, deed done, moved on.

Regards,

Fries.

Advertisement