Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parking ticket..

Options
  • 16-06-2007 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

This may be the wrong are for this so apologies in advance but i have a general query involving a parking ticket i got last week for 40euro. the ticket stub that i got has a digital printout of the cars registration. The ticket says 00rn__ (3digit number) but my car is 00rn(one digit wrong)...so hypethetically speaking ticket says 07D780 ticket says 07D880....am i still liable to pay???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved. ¬_¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

So the reg referenced is not on your car? Call them and tell them they sent it to the wrong address. That it's not your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

well no i didn't get it n da post, basically the ticket was on my car when i came back...but the car reg quoted on the ticket isn't the same as mine...one digit is wrong...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Ah, OK. I think if you don't pay it and they summons, it will be the owner of the reg on the ticket that gets the summons. After all, they don't know you with the wrong reg....

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

well thats what i was thinking...i should really be honest and let them know tho....god damn conscience...their mistake tho..ive text a mate who's a guard to see what his opinion is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Don't worry about it, you'll hear no more about it. The owner of the other car will not have to pay either, as their car will be a different make/model/colour to yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

Anan1 wrote:
    Don't worry about it, you'll hear no more about it. The owner of the other car will not have to pay either, as their car will be a different make/model/colour to yours.

Just to be sure the make and model are different, go to www.cartell.ie and tap in the reg number on the ticket :)

EDIT: I bet cartell never intended their service to be used as suggested above :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I bet 00rn__ (3digit number) will be on here in a few month giving out about the fine he got, and the usual suspects will be telling him to pay the fine and shut up....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I saw the traffic warden in Blackrock taking pictures of a car the other day. Looks like they may be using the same practice as the clampers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ballooba wrote:
    I saw the traffic warden in Blackrock taking pictures of a car the other day
    Maybe one of the regular posters on "Here's what I saw today" is a traffic warden.:eek: After all, have you ever seen an exotic car legally parked? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Maybe one of the regular posters on "Here's what I saw today" is a traffic warden.:eek:
    Is there a traitor in our mist?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

The OP won't hear any more, as they don't have his details. However. the owner of the car the ticket was made out to will get the fine in the post, and if they don't notice that they weren't in X place on the day the ticket was issued and pay the fine, then they'll have to prove that it wasn't them.

Advertisement