Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Leon 1.4 - Air Intake ??

Options
  • 16-06-2007 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

Is it worth putting a new air intake on a 2006 ( 00-06 model ) 1.4L ?

It says according to this air intake it can produce up to 11BHP more?

I read here that in most cases they provide very little performance gains even in some cases lower performance.. Is that really true ? Apart from the growl it will give the engine when accelerating, is there much point ?

http://www.dragtimes.com/Seat-Leon-Typhoon-Intake-Kit-Part-67370.html

Hj

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Could'nt tell you about any performance gains, but I've read somewhere that some aftermarket intakes can screw up the MAF sensor. Don't know how accurate this info is however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Just realised also the car still has a years warranty remaining on it so I'd presume it would somehow void the warranty too.

Too much to risk with a year old car I think actually. I'll see what other people think..

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Pointless exercise IMO. Stick with what you got and enjoy the relative reliability. These aftermarket intakes are best suited to high power, high boosting performance cars (particularly turbo's). If anything, if you fit one, you would end up with plenty of hot air inducted which is not what a running engine wants (or needs).

I've read plenty of bad experiences with some funny issues with MAF's as already stated on other forums.. so best left alone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Yeah i guess. I'll leave it standard so. But just out of curiosity, that link says it will boost the 1.4Leon by 11BHP. Is that possible ? :o

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

HungryJoey wrote:
    Yeah i guess. I'll leave it standard so. But just out of curiosity, that link says it will boost the 1.4Leon by 11BHP. Is that possible ? :o

Hj

On your car no.

Id even be very very skeptical of seeing 11bhp from a filter on a highly modified turbo car

• Advertisement
Advertisement