Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girls in Hole(y) Jeans!

• 16-06-2007 7:23pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Lads: Do you like girls in jeans with holes in them? Show a little leg? Knees? Butt? Where?

Girls: Do you wear them? If so, where are the holes in yours?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Girls: Do you wear them? If so, where are the holes in yours?
    That's rather personal (And obvious) :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Sure. There's a hole at the waist (good for the getting in and out of process) and then one at the end of each leg. For the feet to come out of.

Can't you afford new jeans?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Karoma wrote:
    That's rather personal (And obvious) :(
    Naaaaa, I've been in the States for about two years and it's a fashion statement here. Matter of fact, the stone washed designer jeans with holes cost a lot more than those without the holes.

Distressed jeans (where the material has been thinned in patches and is nearing holes) are sold as a fashion statement at Saks Fifth Avenue for over $200 USD a pair. Saks is one of the most expensive clothing and accessories stores in the States.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

They can look nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Yup they can be quite sexy on the right lady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Huge fashion statement in the States at the moment. I got a pair in Abercrombie on 5th, and people were all queuing up to get the same. I think just like eo980 that it can be very sexy on the right girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭pheby

Yeah nice with ripped knees and tights underneath!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I dunno, they look nice and all that but I'd question people who'd spent like €100 on these "so-called" distressed jeans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Early 90s fashion coming back to haunt me.

jeans.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Naaaaa, I've been in the States for about two years and it's a fashion statement here. Matter of fact, the stone washed designer jeans with holes cost a lot more than those without the holes.

I'm not sure what sounds more hideous; the words stone washed or paying extra for ripped jeans.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hey, it goes with all the people over here buying petrol-guzzling BMW, Porsche, and Merc SUVs that never drive off-road, keep them spotless, and flip them over all the time cause they don't know how to drive them on corners. Expensive SUVs and overpriced holey jeans fit together?

Do I have a pair? You bet your sweet a**, and you can just guess where some of the holes are. Ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

biko wrote:
    Early 90s fashion coming back to haunt me.

jeans.jpg

Wasn't that a Bros fad? Late 80s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hey, it goes with all the people over here buying petrol-guzzling BMW, Porsche, and Merc SUVs that never drive off-road, keep them spotless, and flip them over all the time cause they don't know how to drive them on corners. Expensive SUVs and overpriced holey jeans fit together?

Do I have a pair? You bet your sweet a**, and you can just guess where some of the holes are. Ha!

word :)

Advertisement