Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fm2007

Options
  • 16-06-2007 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Just about to start playing FM2007 after playing the demo a couple of times and I have a few questions. Is there any point in picking Liverpool or should I go for a ****ty team and try build on them ?

Is there any patches or downloads that I should get before I start playing ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I picked Liverpool, they have given me a transfer budget of S15m. Is that dollars or sterling ? Must be sterling but some of the player valuations are crazy. Finding it very difficult to sign anyone, any advice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Right, if you want some help browse around the net looking for players who other recommended. Sure fire way, but, also takes the satisfaction away from finding a great player.

There are patches, the 7.02 patch which you can get from the SI Games website.

You want some sexy players? Luka Modric (AMAZING), Marcelo (Young wing back who is world class), Delgado (The striker, the young one, not the auld one) Keep Crouchy and Kuyt, buy Delgado and rotate between crouch and Kuyt. Also buy Freddy Adu.

Stick to 4-4-2, always. Except maybe for tough away games where you may want to take a more defensive approach. Get a solid DM and put him in front of the defense. Sissoko is outstanding in that game, KEEP HIM AND PLAY HIM. Liverpool have such a good midfield it's often hard to choose. I'd play Sissoko as a DM, Alonso/Gerrard in the CM. Maybe try gerrard on the right although, I don't like him there. Bench Alonso and rotate between Gerrard, not too much though, don't want unhappy players.

Get Ratinha as well, he's a great Right back who'll compliment the side. try and sign "Jo" from CSKA as well, he's a brilliant player.

Keep coming back and letting us know how it's getting on. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Have a look in the How'd you Get on thread and see my progress. I took Liverpool very far with some smart wheeling and dealing.

Timans wrote:
    Right, if you want some help browse around the net looking for players who other recommended. Sure fire way, but, also takes the satisfaction away from finding a great player.

There are patches, the 7.02 patch which you can get from the SI Games website.

You want some sexy players? Luka Modric (AMAZING), Marcelo (Young wing back who is world class), Delgado (The striker, the young one, not the auld one) Keep Crouchy and Kuyt, buy Delgado and rotate between crouch and Kuyt. Also buy Freddy Adu.

Stick to 4-4-2, always. Except maybe for tough away games where you may want to take a more defensive approach. Get a solid DM and put him in front of the defense. Sissoko is outstanding in that game, KEEP HIM AND PLAY HIM. Liverpool have such a good midfield it's often hard to choose. I'd play Sissoko as a DM, Alonso/Gerrard in the CM. Maybe try gerrard on the right although, I don't like him there. Bench Alonso and rotate between Gerrard, not too much though, don't want unhappy players.

Get Ratinha as well, he's a great Right back who'll compliment the side. try and sign "Jo" from CSKA as well, he's a brilliant player.

Keep coming back and letting us know how it's getting on. ;)

I know a fair bit about Liverpool as a team so I know what formation im going to play. Are the transfers in sterling, dollars or euros ? If I download the patch will it update the teams ? i.e will Liverpool have Mascherano ?

Any tips on best way to buy players ? finding it difficult, noone wants to join me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

You can change currencies in-game at the Options screen, as well metres -> feet, celsius -> fahernheit.

Yes, the 7.0.2 patch will update the squads for Jan 07 transfers.

• Advertisement

SofaKing wrote:
    You can change currencies in-game at the Options screen, as well metres -> feet, celsius -> fahernheit.

Yes, the 7.0.2 patch will update the squads for Jan 07 transfers.

Will it work if I do it mid game ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Tbh, you'll get more satisfaction from taking on a lowly team and trying to make a success out of them.

My team is always Cambridge United.
    Took them from the Conference to the Championship. My best Football Manager achiement yet.

Liverpool give a £15 million transfer budget?
    Try a transfer budget of £2,000 and you'll have to prove your skill then :)

micmclo wrote:
    Tbh, you'll get more satisfaction from taking on a lowly team and trying to make a success out of them.

My team is always Cambridge United.
    Took them from the Conference to the Championship. My best Football Manager achiement yet.

Liverpool give a £15 million transfer budget?
    Try a transfer budget of £2,000 and you'll have to prove your skill then :)

Well I barely know how to play at the mo so I wont be doing anything like that just yet.

Another questions : If I dont spend my 15m this year can I save it and have it added to my funds next year ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Depends.

If your team performs well the previous season i.e. qualify for the CL, then you may have another 10mil added to the kitty by the board.

Conversely if you dont qualify for european competition you may not get any extra money from the board - you might even find that the original £15mil gets reduced.

I think Liverpool have a great squad with the 7.0.2 update. The only real addition they need is a goal machine upfront alongside Kuyt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Delgado. He's amazing.

OR if you can get him, Aguero from A Madrid. He's possibly, THE best in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

i found taking fiorentina to the league title was pretty satisfting especially when you start with a 2 million budget and on -19 points in the league, i brought in cardernas, played luca toni up front on his own with montrolivo, mutu and cardenas behind him and they were unstopable

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

just wondering how you find these players

i have the largest database selected but when i look for cardenas and search he doesnt come up under player search, even when i select based in south america?

the only way i can find players for south america etc is through their clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

its ok found it

Advertisement