Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing Soccer???

Options
  • 16-06-2007 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, I am from Korea!
    I arrived here just about 2 weeks ago.

I love soccer, both playing and watching.
    How and where can I play soccer with some good peoples.
    Should I join a team? If so, how can I do that?

I wanna play soccer. :D

See you...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 soccerchick

Hi C Lee,
    Try Salthill Devon...in Drom. Their number is: 091 861862. They have a couple of teams and have a number of astro turf pitches. They run 5-a-side fun leagues too.
    Or else if that is too far there is Mervue united- 091 771609.
    Both teams have websites.
    The mens league runs from August to April.
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Where are you living ?
    We play on Monday nights out near Parkmore. We could always do with more players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 C.LEE

Thank you! I just checked your reply. I will try that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 C.LEE

Where are you living ?
    We play on Monday nights out near Parkmore. We could always do with more players.
    Thank you, muppetkiller.
    I am living in Salthill.
    Where is Parkmore? Is it far from Salthill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭poker_face

Parkmore isn't near salthill nor is Salthill Devon's playin pitches the Drom. If you haven't got a car you'll find it hard to get to these places. West United or galway bohs are probably your best bet. West play on the pitch's at south park, these are on your right if you're walking from salthill to town along the coast. Galway bohs play in millers lane which is just off the western distributary road. The season starts in August but alot of teams will be training in July just arrive at their training pitchs during training and ask the manager/coach about joining. Other teams in the west-side of galway are corrib rangers and knocknacarra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

On this map Parkmore Industrial Estate is still outside the top right corner.
    Walking - an hour
    Bike - 20 mins or so
    http://atlanticlanguage.com/downloads/map-of-galway-city-4.jpg
    During summer groups of people play in South Park, Claddagh. You could try to join in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 phelana

Hey Muppetkiller, just wondering if you're still looking for people to play on Monday nights? I live near enough to Parkmore and would love to get playing football over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

Where are you living ?

I have been thinking of looking for a game. Any more details Muppetkiller. I can't think of any place nearby except the Castlegar Complex and Corinthians but thats GAA and Rugger. :confused:

Sorry for the late reply guys pm me your email addresses and I'll add you to the mailing list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

I have been thinking of looking for a game. Any more details Muppetkiller. I can't think of any place nearby except the Castlegar Complex and Corinthians but thats GAA and Rugger. :confused:

corinthians have a kinda all weather soccer/hockey pitch

• Advertisement

yup it's corinthians pitches

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

Really, I'm 2 minutes from there. Could walk it if I wasn't so unfit.:o
    Will do Muppetkiller.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I work in drom :o

Advertisement