Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Page not displaying properly in Firefox

Options
  • 16-06-2007 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hello

I'm doing some work for a friend (well, trying to do it) but I can't figure out something...

This page -> http://www.dole.ie/site/search/~~~NCw1LDEsNiw3/ <- displays fine in IE, but not in Firefox.

Do any of you have any idea why??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

I'm using firefox 1.5.0.12 and the page displayed for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 monkey junkie

OK, in 2.0.0.2 it isn't displaying properly.

Thanks for checking 1.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

#searchzone .elements

try change that to float:none instead of float:left

With float:left , you are telling your search bar div to float to the left of the next div. I dont think that what you want?

edit: never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.4 and I can see the problem. The section starting with "x results found" appears to the right of the search section. I've usually found that Firefox and Opera display pretty much identically whereas Internet Explorer causes some amount of heartache! For what it's worth, the site looks fine in Opera 9.21 also :)

I had a quick look and besides questions over why your CSS files are in a /img folder, why you are mixing tables and CSS and why you need so many definitions for what is a fairly simple site, I would recommend that you apply background colour styles to each <div> so that you can see where they all start and stop.

Try adding "clear: both;" to the c_bar-top div. I couldn't find it's definition :o Again though, I'm curious as to how Firefox got confused above the other browsers!

• Advertisement

#searchzone .elements {
    float:left;
    }

Line:156

Change that to
    #searchzone .elements {
    float:none;
    }
    Try adding "clear: both;" to the c_bar-top div.

I thought he had that done already. Well its there now anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 monkey junkie

Thanks for the pointers! And apologies for my delayed response.

Tried both of the above - no difference.

Hmmm. It seems to be the new radio buttons under the search box which have messed everything up (it used to display fine in firefox - I think!)

Shall experiment more in that area...

Thanks.

Advertisement