Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there still only 9 starbucks in Dublin

Options
  • 16-06-2007 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭

For a while in Dublin every week a new starbucks would be "coming soon" but the starbucks website hasn't shown any new starbucks open in dublin since 2006. Is it still only the 9 Starbucks in Dublin plus the one in Kildare? Or has the starbucks website just stopped updating their website?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Ring 'em. Its quicker than here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

They've had one on Stephens Green listed on the website for almost a year, but doesn't seem to be open yet.

All the ones I know of [in Dublin] are
    1. College Green
    2. BT2 (Grafton St)
    3. Mespil Road
    4. Harcourt St
    5. Dundrum Town Centre
    6. Liffey Valley
    7. Borders, Blanchardstown

They now have main street Blackrock (the old post office), and The Green Strand Street, Malahide listed as future outlets. Stephens Green is still listed, maybe it's a concession within an office? I think Vodafone and Microsoft both have Starbucks in their offices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Nine too many... I hate the way Dublin is starting to look like any other city in the world!

Okay, I'm a grumpy old man...:p

Starbucks have played it fair here so far, unless they takeover one or more of the other coffee chains, or start over-saturating areas I don't have a problem.

In fact, I'm psyched for the one in Blackrock now, that's a nice building for a coffee shop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Linku wrote:
    They've had one on Stephens Green listed on the website for almost a year, but doesn't seem to be open yet.

All the ones I know of [in Dublin] are
    1. College Green
    2. BT2 (Grafton St)
    3. Mespil Road
    4. Harcourt St
    5. Dundrum Town Centre
    6. Liffey Valley
    7. Borders, Blanchardstown

They now have main street Blackrock (the old post office), and The Green Strand Street, Malahide listed as future outlets. Stephens Green is still listed, maybe it's a concession within an office? I think Vodafone and Microsoft both have Starbucks in their offices.

Bank of Scotland Ireland have a starbucks in the office.
    They have one in Blanchardstown shopping centre as well as in Borders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

boneless wrote:
    Nine too many... I hate the way Dublin is starting to look like any other city in the world!

Okay, I'm a grumpy old man...:p

Grumpy old men....
    Im in, what's the point to a coffee shop like starbucks, they don't even have nice coffee any rant rant rant.....
    I should be happy it keeps all the good coffee shops available :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

sofireland wrote:
    Bank of Scotland Ireland have a starbucks in the office.

Sure you don't mean Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS)/Ulster Bank etc? - they have one in their restaurant.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

There's one in DCU aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

Two franchises in RTÉ too

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

There is a Franchise in IT Tallaght as well.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

macrubicon wrote:
    There is a Franchise in IT Tallaght as well.....

The franchises aren't worth a ****e. Don't know how they manage it but the stuff they serve up where I work is not the same as the stuff you get in the normal high street stores. Don't know how they manage it becuase I'm pretty sure they use the same ingredients / syrup etc but it ain't the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

giddyup wrote:
    The franchises aren't worth a ****e. Don't know how they manage it but the stuff they serve up where I work is not the same as the stuff you get in the normal high street stores. Don't know how they manage it becuase I'm pretty sure they use the same ingredients / syrup etc but it ain't the same.

Could not agree more... It's all about the training and proper brewing - both of which go out the door as time goes on... :mad:

They should have the franchises monitored for quality to protect their brand.

Anyhow... back on topic.... Bring on Blackrock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

They are opening up in Malahide too. It's a load of pants anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Narraaja

In Blancharstown Shopping Centre is also one. So, in Blancharstown is two Starbucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

WOW!!! I'm convinved Starbucks read Boards.ie becuase no sooner do I have this thread when they updated their Store List.

WOW!!! I'm convinved Starbucks read Boards.ie becuase no sooner do I have this thread when they updated their Store List.
    This is the list to look for, it was updated a good while ago, the UK site is really messy and the Irish lists aren't updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tom1975

An Irish times article last month said Starbucks will be opening in Dawson Street in the old Ebookers store and also one in the new Oval building development on Shelbourne Road. They have planning permission in for an outlet in Ranelagh and I believe they have one in Cork airport but that may just be a kiosk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

There's a bit of a starbucks in Limerick. The Cafe in The George Boutique Hotel does Starbucks coffee and Tazo's only...but it's not worth talking about.
    No Frapuccinos! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

tom1975 wrote:
    An Irish times article last month said Starbucks will be opening in Dawson Street in the old Ebookers store and also one in the new Oval building development on Shelbourne Road. They have planning permission in for an outlet in Ranelagh and I believe they have one in Cork airport but that may just be a kiosk.

Here's the IT article.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

damienom wrote:
    Two franchises in RTÉ too

only one. one in microsoft too..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

They seem to be ignoring the city's Northside,maybe they see the brand as been to 'upmarket' for this area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

There's one in the basement of the Royal College of Surgeons, all the Americans going there keep the place going-still no ATM, student bar or student shop tho....but obviously expensive coffee's more important.....

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Evangelion

Crucifix wrote:
    There's one in DCU aswell.

Theres actually 2 in DCU.

There's one in Wyeth Grange Castle for that matter too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭glenroe2006

Two new Starbucks in Blanchardstown, one outside Leisureplex that just opened and another beside Ben & Jerry's in UCI, right across the road opening on Monday. That makes FOUR in the Blanchardstown Centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Edit: Never mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Not sure if it's been mentioned but there's one in the CHQ building in the docklands. Also one either opening on being renovated on Dawson Street just off Grafton Street.

And yeah there doesnt seem to be any on the northside!! :mad:

I read somewhere there was one in Stephens Green, anyone know where abouts??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Not sure if it's been mentioned but there's one in the CHQ building in the docklands. Also one either opening on being renovated on Dawson Street just off Grafton Street.

I read somewhere there was one in Stephens Green, anyone know where abouts??

None on the Northside? Where do you think the IFSC and Blanch are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Also a franchise in UCD, ripping students off with their overpriced coffee. Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

The one in Malahide is open but meh , that's not really n/s is it ?

Anyway Starbucks is liquid s//te imo, better off with Insomnia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Starbucks opened in Dublin Airport about a month ago.

Advertisement