Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with IBB in Maynooth

Options
  • 16-06-2007 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭

I have been having problems viewing Microsofts website all day.

Just keeps saying looking up hostname on Opera and Firefox can't find it either.

I can access most other website fine. I can't access apple.com either for some reason.

Initially it says looking up host name, then it says sending request then goes back to looking up hostname and gets stuck there.

Can't ping microsoft.com either. Get 117 packets sent, 100% packet loss. I can ping apple.com however with no packet loss but still cannot access it via web browser.

I'm using Ubuntu Linux through a wireless router. The same thing happens on the windows computer plugged into the router.

I don't understand why I would be having problems accessing these two sites. I can access Ubuntu's repositiories no problem.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Sorry about the double thread post, can a mod delete the other thread. I've subscribed to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Microsoft has ping responses turned off on their main website to help prevent DoS attacks I believe.

And your problem with apple makes me think you may have a DNS problem? Try using an alternative like 159.134.237.6 (eircom's dialup one but anyone can use it) or OpenDNS (google the numbers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

They are working today. Strange as I didn't change anything.

Advertisement