Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyre pressure in motorhomes

• 16-06-2007 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Could somebody advise me on the correct tyre pressure in a typical motorhome. Any advice would be appreciated .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Personally I'm a firm believer in high pressure, especially on the bumpy Irish roads.
    I have mine at 55 PSI (3.8 bar), the markings on the tyre say max 60 PSI (4 bar).

Some sticker on the dashboard advises me to have 2.5 bar front and 2.3 bar rear on the twin wheels. Tried that once and it drove like on custard, quickly changed back to the "hardcore" setting.

Some motorhome manufactures advise a specific tyre pressure for their vehicles, others refer you to the manufacturers of the base vehicle, others again just leave you guessing.

In my opinion, on a heavy vehicle that is fully laden most of the time, tyres should be as hard as possible ...just watch out for even wear across all of the surface of the thread. Too high and only the middle wears, too low and the flanks wear faster.

Other people swear by the more comfortable setting of lower pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

the lower the pressure the hotter they will get and ..... kabooom... ever wonder why you see shredded truck tyres all the time?

Advertisement