Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless problems - can anyone help?

• 16-06-2007 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

My house has BT broadband (Modem ZyXEL Prestige 600 series), but it's not wireless, so I got a router (D-Link DI-542). For the first four days it worked perfectly all around the house, but on the fourth night, my laptop stopped picking it up. That was last week, I've checked it nearly every day since. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, please reply or PM!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

if you didnt put an IP encryption on it someone could have"hijacked" Im not sure what to do Try resetting it:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

not sure if you set up the Dlink with or without security

default would be without if your didn't use the setup CD so first guess is your neighbours are using the router and locked you out

second would be you have turned off your wireless card on the laptop or have accidently tried to connect to another neighbours router and windows gave up at that point

lots of possibilities ...need more details on the Laptop XP or Vista ?
    without any other info i would be advising setting up from scratch
    reset the Dlink etc etc , hide the SSID and use WPA encryption

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭katarin

how do i hide the SSID and use the WPA encryption? im computer savvy, but not THAT computer savvy.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭katarin

does anyone know where i might find software for the dlink? none on download.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dathiultaigh

is your router model DI-524 rather than a DI-542?

on d-links US support site there is documentations, an emulator, FAQ's and also free trail software available to DL. I would try this for help :

http://support.dlink.com/default.asp?orig=1

You have at least got a CD with some documentation when you you bought your router - that can show you how to set all of this on your router - maybe even a wizard to guide you throug set up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dathiultaigh

katarin wrote:
    how do i hide the SSID and use the WPA encryption? im computer savvy, but not THAT computer savvy.

RTM :) - Setting these specifics on any router should pretty simple i.e. click your mouse, enabling the service/setting and confirming by clicking save setting/ok/apply whatever

Advertisement