Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sid Vicious interested in returning to WWE

• 17-06-2007 12:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    For whatever it's worth, former WWE Champion 'Sycho' Sid Vicious has his body looking in shape and he is trying to get another run in World Wrestling Entertainment. He is 46 years old now. No word yet if WWE is interested in bringing him back or not.

Sid had a match at an indy show back in March. A person who witnessed it said that it was actually pretty decent. He was also in pretty much the same shape people last saw him in when he was in WCW. At the Wrestling Reunion convention last weekend, he got the second biggest ovation from fans when he entered the room behind Kurt Angle.

Believe it or not, but WWE was actually interested in using Sid in a match at WrestleMania 22. But for whatever reason, it just didn't work out. They were also interested in interviewing him for the Four Horsemen DVD, but Sid didn't do it for one reason or another. Furthermore, a few years ago, former announcer/producer Kevin Kelly wanted to do a piece on him for WWE Confidential. They wanted him to do an interview with him with the focus being on the gruesome injury he suffered in 2001 when his left leg snapped in half after he jumped from the middle turnbuckle. By all accounts, he seems to have completely recovered from the injury as he's wrestled in several matches since then. Anyways, the reason he didn't do the interview is because he had given thought to a possible comeback in WWE and he didn't want to look weak in front of the fans. If and when he returned to WWE, he wanted it to be a surprise.

It wouldn't be out of the realm for WWE to bring Sid back because they've brought back people just as old as him in recent years. They were using Tatanka up until last January and he was 45 years old (he actually turned 46 years old yesterday). Hacksaw Jim Duggan is even older than him as he is 53 years old, and he is a member of the main WWE roster no less. Brad Armstrong worked a few ECW house shows last year, and he was the ripe old age of 45. Marty Jannetty received a contract last year (but was dropped within two weeks), and he was 44 years old.

I think it would be interesting to see what he is like in the ring after all this time.

Never forget watching that video of when his leg snapped....ouch!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

He was never very good in the ring to start with. I doubt his skills have improved much with age. Can't see it happening unless he did something explosive to get the attention of the McMahons. Hang on a second...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Oh god no please... the last time someone put a world title on this joker he nearly bankrupt the company! :(

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I would have liked if Sid was interviewed for the Four Horsemen DVD, much like Tony Romo, just to see if he thought he was better than Flair too.
    My best Sid memory is from Nitro where hes "cutting a promo" on Hall and Nash; "You know and I know that you are only half the man that I am, and I have half the brain that you have". It cuts to Nash and Hall in the ring doubled over with laughter :D

I'm all for this Sid return!!

Double C wrote:
    I would have liked if Sid was interviewed for the Four Horsemen DVD, much like Tony Romo, just to see if he thought he was better than Flair too.

Uhhh Who??!
    VR!

Whatever, its early on a sunday morning, you know what i meant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Double C wrote:
    Whatever, its early on a sunday morning, you know what i meant!

Paul Roma?

I say they should make Sid the guy who killed Vince!

**** sorry Paul Roma, Tony Romo is that retard Dallas Cowboys quarterback. Both terrible people. :)

Double C wrote:
    **** sorry Paul Roma, Tony Romo is that retard Dallas Cowboys quarterback. Both terrible people. :)

Wasn't that early if i recall correctly, it was nearly 1.30pm!
    Altho i guess thats breakfast time in Mullingar, f*ck all reason to get up any earlier down there ;)

VR!

Ohh, thats cold blooded!
    But yes, sunday's don't start til lunchtime as far as I'm concerned, too much to be done on a saturday night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Sid was never great, but there was something about him that I liked. I thought I read about him cutting a 40-minute promo at some indy show recently

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

He shouldn't be let near the WWE. The only thing I remember about him was below. "What you done was bogus...the most bogus..act you've ever pulled off!":D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

wow paul roma! there's a name i have not heard in a long,long time. roma and hercules: power and glory

as for sid, he sucked last time out and i would be surprised to see him return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Actually, Sid was pretty nifty and useful in the ring in his early years; he could pull off a sweet drop kick to put smaller guys to shame and was well versed on the mat. After his lung collapse in 1989, he lost a lot of his movement and his ring work suffered to the Sid we know and love now.

I thnk he should go out and do a gimmick based solely on his being stupid, man I would laugh at that :D

Anyone remember the promo he cut for In Your House 12 i think it was. Where he asks Jim Ross if he can edit out that bit cos he botched the promo, to which Ross replies "We're live buddy!"

Hilarious stuff...
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Oh god no please... the last time someone put a world title on this joker he nearly bankrupt the company! :(

VR!

in fairness VR, Eudy partly managed to put approx 65,000 bums on seats at the 1997 Royal Rumble when he was champion.

rossie1977 wrote:
    in fairness VR, Eudy partly managed to put approx 65,000 bums on seats at the 1997 Royal Rumble when he was champion.

Minutely partly. The rest was down to the fact that he was against Michaels and the event was held in San Antonio. Another misfire by WWE as they were actually trying to turn Michaels heel at the time after the previous Survivor Series where Sid became full fledged face, despite being a heel cos the New York crowd booed Michaels ass out of the building. So the following IYH had Michaels ready for a heel turn.

Funny enough you mention that particular match as it was actually Sid who carried that as Michaels just didn't want to work it. So he has his uses. One good match in 8 years! Go Sid! They still took the belt off him pretty quick though! ;)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I think Sid just simply as a character would be able to jump into 2007 and fit right in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

VR you forgot Eudy's classic stretcher match with Gonzales in 1991, didn't meltzer give that a five star :D

No wonder Michaels didn't want to work with him, did you see how he f**ked up the power-bomb that time when michaels told him he had the night off; classic stuff.

Seriously though we all know Eudy was not a wrestler. The reason why he kept getting booked was for his size (6'7 290lb) and facial features.

Personally though i think there is a place somewhere in the WWE or TNA for Eudy, even if it means giving him a comedy segment :p

rossie1977 wrote:
    Personally though i think there is a place somewhere in the WWE or TNA for Eudy, even if it means giving him a comedy segment :p

Nah, Kevin Nash has that accolade :)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Double C wrote:
    My best Sid memory is from Nitro where hes "cutting a promo" on Hall and Nash; "You know and I know that you are only half the man that I am, and I have half the brain that you have". It cuts to Nash and Hall in the ring doubled over with laughter :D

I believe this is what you are referring to - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reAJ78d88Qo Pure Gold!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

littlejp wrote:
    He was never very good in the ring to start with. I doubt his skills have improved much with age. Can't see it happening unless he did something explosive to get the attention of the McMahons. Hang on a second...

I like it:) this could work! a disgruntled ex-wrestler desperate to get back into wwe is rejected by Vince and as a consequence goes psycho- psycho syd- and exacts the ultimate revenge!

Advertisement