Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC Final crashing

Options
  • 17-06-2007 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

After around 2 years of owning battlefield 1942 anthology I finally installed it! I used to go to an internet cafe before with friends of mine to play and I never got around to putting it on my own computer, I finally did that this week.

I had some problem finding the desert combat mod however, fileplanet want me to subscribe to them to be able to download it and the site where I did find it had the "DC Final client", so I tried that. Now when a map is loading it just crashes (in campaign mode) and when I try to play an online game I get an error message saying "wrong game version, do you want to update?" but when I click yes nothing happens.

Any ideas where I can get a working download of the mod?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

as far as I remember, you need DC.7 as well as DC final. & just so you know, the game is only meant to be played online.

Enjoy though, DC was the best MP FPS I ever played. Too old for me now , so I play DCON.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I remember there was certain maps that DC did'nt like for me. I think guadacanal was one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

At the moment I'm after finding a dc_final setup file and a dc 0.7 client file and I've installed both of these.

I can play a one player game on my computer both when I try to connect to an internet multiplayer game I get the error message saying 'wrong version'.

Any ideas what's wrong? I've tried to connect to a number of maps that I know worked well with DC before when I used to play and none of them are working for me now.

update bf1942?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

I was always able to play online games of bf 1942 without a problem, it's just DC that's doesn't want to work.

• Advertisement

did you install DC.7 before you installed DC f? I think you have to do it like that.

Advertisement