Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Down :@

Options
  • 17-06-2007 5:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I am a nightowl myself but for the past nearly year , i noticed a few times a week that Boards and Adverts go down around 3 am + for maybe 45 mins but thats an estimate. Can anyone explain pls ??

Thanks,
    Barry.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The boards.ie database is backed up at that time and the admins have a nap and a coffee break before patrolling the place again*. :)

*this part may or may not be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

haha , OK thanks :) .. To be fair, thats good and quick for backup .. Is there really much of a chance that the server would crash :eek: :eek: ??

Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Oh oh ........ ********* 100TH POST ********

Sorry, I had to :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

haha , OK thanks :) .. To be fair, thats good and quick for backup .. Is there really much of a chance that the server would crash :eek: :eek: ??

Barry.

It went belly up before from what I remember a few posts were lost but pretty good for a site of this size and the database being gigantic.

Advertisement