Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Request] What is cheaper in Newry?

Options
  • 17-06-2007 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm heading up north tomorrow, and am wondering what kind of things are significantly cheaper up there?

Things I'm particularly interested in are

Nappies / baby stuff
    Beers
    General Groceries?
    Clothes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Spirits are alot cheaper, beer can be depending on the offers but recently down south the supermarkets are doing pretty much the same deals. Sainsburys is best place to go, check out www.sainsburystoyou.co.uk for prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 bigjohn382003

Hi , I suppose you dont want to travel another 40 mile up the road and come to Antrim.We have a shopping ct called junction one which is full of cheap outlet stores.An example would be a nike shirt would be half the price of the normal shop.details can be found here www.junctionone.co.uk and if you do decide and you need directions let me know but its more or less a straight road from Newry.Failing that dont forget to call at the buttercrane ct in Newry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I've noticed Sainsbury's prices take a turn upwards the last 6 months or so....there are still bargains on some stuff but not everything is cheaper. If you get a good day with lots of 2 for 1, then it's worth it. 20 pack of grolsch bottles yesterday for £10: 72 c a bottle or something....usual 14 quid for a litre of smirnoff.
    I still prefer the choice of goods they have over southern tescos, although tesco has improved the last while. Still a lot of rip offs in it though.

Clothes...yeah there's some bargains to be had, depends what you're after.
    Pound shops can be great for misc crap that costs €5 down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭solskjaer20

Well beer's cheaper anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MDTyKe

As far as I know, Iceland in Newry is still ridiculously cheap. Haven't been there in ages, but it was always known to be.

If you're after nappies, there's a good 'organic' baby store in Jonesborough, just across the border (turn off is actually directly after you come off the new dual carraigeway with the roadworks, at the Carrickdale Hotel). Also I recommend Freshfields in Warrenpoint if you're in to organic, farm food etc. graet store. Just take the A2 dual carraigeway to Warrenpoint (takes <5mins) and its on the right at the end :)

Matt

• Advertisement
Advertisement