Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temple Bar Question

Options
  • 17-06-2007 12:58pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I should know the answer to this but I don't and I've emailed info@templebar.ie but not gotten a response. Does anyone know if most of the pubs in Temple Bar are 21+? I know someone coming over from the UK later in the year and they're over 18 but under 21. She read something somewhere that most places there and in the city centre are 21+

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Quite a few places in Temple Bar reserve the right to be over-21 but many only enforce it if the person is obviously too young, too drunk or if it's a large group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I should know the answer to this but I don't and I've emailed info@templebar.ie but not gotten a response. Does anyone know if most of the pubs in Temple Bar are 21+? I know someone coming over from the UK later in the year and they're over 18 but under 21. She read something somewhere that most places there and in the city centre are 21+

Thanks
    The majority of pubs/clubs in Dublin are 18+ but you will find a few spots that are 21+. Nothing to fret about, even if somewhere is 21+ you'll probably find that the pub or club nextdoor is 18+! :) As usual, if whoever is borderline 18 years of age have suitable ID, don't be drunk and you should be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

i think technically pubs aren't allowed to have age restrictions of this type since equality legislation was updated a few years back. this is why you no longer see pubs with ridiculous restrictions like Over-23s or Over-25s(!) only.

But they can always keep you out for some other reason if they don't like the look of you.

Advertisement