Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slimy mains water...

Options
  • 17-06-2007 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hello all,

Over this weekend, the water in the whole house has turned noticeably slimy! The clothes smell terrible after being washed also. Could it be algae growth? I never smell any chlorine from the tap, so there may not be enough of a chlorine residual where I live to kill this stuff, particularly in summer. I live in Dublin BTW. Anyone else experienced something similar? This isn't the first time its happened either.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I've noticed a smell and taste from our water lately.
    Smells like a canal or something like that ,theres also loads of scum on the bath everytime we use it ,we had to buy an additive to stop this from destroying the bath.
    Dublin North here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 hardyharhar

We're on the southside here... I'm gonna give the local county council a ring tomorrow. The problem happened suddenly, and the water is unusable in any sense now, even cups of coffee are slimy! How that is possible after the water has been boiled escapes me. I don't know if your supply is highly chlorinated or not, but there never seems to any present in ours, and its something that has bothered me for a while. Most people tend to object to the smell of chlorine, but I welcome it, as it means your supply is at least free of nasties.

Advertisement