Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taking audio from you tube vids...

Options
  • 17-06-2007 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

does anybody know of good programs out there that i can lift audio from a you tube vid.

whats the best way of doing it?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

i use a program called "mp3 my mp3" and it does a grand job. Got it free online somewhere.

Its supposed to encode from whatever your speakers produce, but for some reason it couldn't find/recognise my soundcard. To overcome this i got a jack to jack lead (€2, power city) and took a line out from my headphone jack, and back to the line in (microphone) jack. Program recorded perfectly. You can select bitrate and a few other settings.

hope this helps.

*edit* don't browse other web pages (or cause any other sounds to occur) while recording, or else you'll end up with these random 'click' noises...you know the ones when you navigate to a new page etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

yeah, mp3mymp3 records any sounds that happen on your pc. Its grand. You could also use audacity. Both available from download.com

You could use Ares Tube which is a youtube ripper essentially. you can download any youtube vid with this. Google it.

Advertisement