Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleepers

Options
  • 17-06-2007 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

Hey i am currently doing my garden up and I was wondering where I could get sleepers for a good price? Living in Dublin 15 but will travel to get them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭stifz

im in the same situation.. i need about 30 of them.. average price even through the buy and sell seems to be at 23-25 euro. If you can get them any cheaper let me know and vice versa.

cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

I saw a truck load of railway sleepers leaving this company
    McCann and Byrne Ltd., Athboy, Co. Meath Tel: 046 32104
    Email: info@mccannandbyrne.ie
    last week they are about a 45min drive from D15 give them a call see what they have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

They have them down in Sextons on the main road through Glen o' the Downs.

NB: do not use old railway sleepers without reading and fully understanding the safety warning that comes with the pallet. They are a pretty hazardous contaminated industrial waste product and are not suitable for use anywhere where people will come into contact with them, especially children. Network Rail in GB forbids the selling of sleepers to garden centres.

You can also get timber similar to railway sleepers (presumably uncontaminated) in Sextons. I have no idea whether the price is competitive there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Last time I was up at the timber/coal yard in Kilcock, the one at the railway bridge on the enfield side of the town,they had new sleepers,not the tar filled ones. They were pressure treated and I think about €25 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Hey i am currently doing my garden up and I was wondering where I could get sleepers for a good price? Living in Dublin 15 but will travel to get them.

Why not use New European Pine Sleepers, new timbers, clean and pressure treated. Available from nearby Clonee Sawmills.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭stifz

i priced the new sleepers - treated ones in Floods agri yard in moyvalley - 33euro each.

no chance.

Advertisement