Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese & International Business

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭snotboogie

jah718 wrote: »
    I am currently in the fourth year of this degree, despite the lack of organisation and good teaching standards, I really enjoy this degree. Chinese is extremely difficult but it is also extremely interesting. The highlight of this course is that you get to go to China or Taiwan (Choose Taiwan, China is a terrible place to live!) and this was by far the best thing I have ever done in my life. This also really helps your Chinese get better as well.

Overall, it is a good course and is much better than the joke Chinese degree in UCD, where you don't even learn to read or write. It will be one of the most frustrating things you will ever do, but it is definitely worth it. And after all, it will help you get rich which is obviously the end game.....;)

I have had the best few years of my life living in Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen. I can't even imagine the fun you would have as a student here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jillb97

Hi I'm currently doing my leaving cert and have to decide what I want to put first on my cao I'm in two minds between commerce with German or commerce with Chinese both in ucc, I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice on if I should do Chinese or not I've never done it before and hear it's meant to be difficult but love business so much and Chinese and business are two subjects which I think would benefit me hugely in the future because the seems to be a lot of job prospects..the difficulty is the only thing throwing me off so any advice would be great appreciated as soon as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Just completed the course in DIT. You will get out what you put in. Chinese is hard, no doubt about it but if you make the effort it is well worth it. I personally haven't made enough effort and am therefore not at a level I would like to be but hopefully I'll keep up the language and slowly improve. Feel free to PM me with any further Qs and I'll be happy to advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DITALUMNI77

Is it true that the Taiwan university for the year 3 programme abroad has decided to drop relations with DIT? because students weren't attending classes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DITALUMNI77

Hi guys, just wanted to ask, is it true that the Taiwan university for the year 3 programme abroad has decided to drop relations with DIT? because students weren't attending classes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 yeaboiiiiii

I am a DIT graduate from DT565 and the NCCU hasn't dropped any partnership with DIT. I am currently enrolled as a full-time masters in student on an MOE grant from the Taiwanese government and DITALUMNI77, you are not informed correctly. You had a bad time in the course, but coming here to bad mouth the course in DIT is neither mature nor constructive. DIT isn't run by the Confucius institute and as such, you are taught more than just China as a harmonious society and the diaoyu islands belong to China.

Advertisement