Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Year (well, september!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    Maths and physics are my favorite subjects, and Applied Maths too. Don't get me wrong, if I were to do the course it would be first and foremost because of my interest in maths. Its just the fact that I have a huge interest in Economics too, that makes it more appealing.

Well that be a good reason then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Boston wrote:
    You'll need a major chance in attitude if you want to get through that degree.

why?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Psych in TCD or UCD. Hopefully...

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rjt

I want to do maths in Trinity. It wasn't much of a decision really, I love maths and just want to continue at it. At first, like SamHamilton, I was concerned about career prospects afterwards, but after hearing of graduates going to work in all sorts of diverse fields - from NASA to programming to cryptography - I realised that by doing maths I was leaving my career prospects very open.

The only disadvantage is getting that "oh, you're one of those" looks from people when I tell people I plan to do a maths degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Nehpets wrote:
    why?

He's made it clear that his approach to the leaving cert was to aim for the lowest common dominator so to speak. Do the minimum to get the course. That attitude, should he keep it, will snap him in the ass around about christmas in first year. When projects start being due and minor exam start to take place.

• Advertisement

rjt wrote:
    I want to do maths in Trinity. It wasn't much of a decision really, I love maths and just want to continue at it. At first, like SamHamilton, I was concerned about career prospects afterwards, but after hearing of graduates going to work in all sorts of diverse fields - from NASA to programming to cryptography - I realised that by doing maths I was leaving my career prospects very open.

The only disadvantage is getting that "oh, you're one of those" looks from people when I tell people I plan to do a maths degree.

Yes, but at trinity you'll get to meet a better sort of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Computer Science and French in TCD. And in fairness to JC 2K3, over the last few months I can safely say that he is not doing the bare minimum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Im still thinking of swapping my top 3 courses around again. Anyone of them would be interesting to me. Unusually theyre all quite different, Law, Arts and Science

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Engneering hopefully, Trinity I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

Biological and Chemical Science in UCC. Degree in Zoology.

Want to get into Evolutionary Biology.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

I will be doing Commerce in UCC

mathew wrote:
    Engneering hopefully, Trinity I think...

It's entirely possible I'll be giving you tutorials at some stage. Actually it will happen if you do engineering in trinity. LoL

• Registered Users Posts: 28 debz929292

im doing a art portofolio course 4 a year in liberties...only decided about 2 weeks ago:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

engineering in DCU for me. With any luck I'll be living there too, yay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

in september-nothing. ;) TCD perk

in october- economics of some description in TCD. either bess or a tsm. such a shame English cannot be combined with economics in a tsm:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    Medicine in NUIG. Has always appealed to me, but only recently decided that its what I definitely want to do. All last year I had my mind set on doing Engineering, and then Economics, so I suppose you could say that I did decide recently.
    As for the rest of my life, not so sure. I'd possibly like to live abroad in Germany/Spain for awhile practicing. Dunno though.
    Medicine for me too. What school are you in zorbatehz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Agri_trust

Splinkk wrote:
    Going to Colaiste Dhulaigh to do my Portfolio for art in September. Did the interview and all, got in, so Im sorted for next year anyway.

Class mates eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Shox

Actuarial an financial studies in UCD is no1 at moment.. ill end up doing that or commerce with french or financial economics

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Splinkk

Agri_trust wrote:
    Class mates eh?

Ooh madness. How many people get in to the course dya know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

I will get into Law and French
    I will get into Law and French

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Boston wrote:
    It's entirely possible I'll be giving you tutorials at some stage. Actually it will happen if you do engineering in trinity. LoL
    Maybe then you can help him spell the name of the course right. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Back to school!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Boston wrote:

Thats cool.. in what? The only part of the course im not really looking forward to is the Chemistry... but then again, I think I want to do Electronic or Computer software.. so i shouldnt have to do it for too long!!
    Marshy wrote:
    Maybe then you can help him spell the name of the course right.
    Meh, im on the old pc.. dodgy 'i' key on the keyboard!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Ancient History and Archaeology/History- TSM in Trinity. If it all goes wrong and I don't get it, then Irish Studies in Trinity.

Wanted to go to Maynooth, it's up the fecking road, but nothing I want is there.

Boston wrote:

You're doing a masters next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Marshy wrote:
    Maybe then you can help him spell the name of the course right. :p

'...spell the name of the course correctly'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Tomlowe

owned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Tomlowe wrote:
    owned

lolz pwned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Pythia wrote:
    '...spell the name of the course correctly'
    The way I said it was perfectly fine.... unless they've made a mistake in the Oxford English. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Law in UCC is the destination for me. I'd say I got the points too but I won't be too bothered if I don't. Multimedia in CIT will be a good back-up plan.

Advertisement