Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Year (well, september!)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Marshy wrote:
    The way I said it was perfectly fine.... unless they've made a mistake in the Oxford English. :confused:

[pedantic] 'Right' is an adjective. You need an adverb to describe a verb, you can't use an adjective as they are for nouns. Here you're describing 'spell', a verb, so you don't spell right, you spell correctly (or any other adverb).[/pedantic]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Pythia wrote:
    [pedantic] 'Right' is an adjective. You need an adverb to describe a verb, you can't use an adjective as they are for nouns. Here you're describing 'spell', a verb, so you don't spell right, you spell correctly (or any other adverb).[/pedantic]
    My dictionary says it can be an adverb too. In fact it can be a verb, noun, adjective or an adverb. So you're wrong! :p

There's a forum for pedants you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

I want to study "how to become a millionaire FAST"

Its a good course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

mathew wrote:
    Thats cool.. in what? The only part of the course im not really looking forward to is the Chemistry... but then again, I think I want to do Electronic or Computer software.. so i shouldnt have to do it for too long!!

I just completed the Computer and Electronic's degree. What ill be doing will totally depend on where they put me. Might be Labs, might be Tutorials, might be both. Drop me a private message some time around september/ freshers week and I'll show you around, give you a heads up. In fairness you sound alot like me, especially with the chemistry, so I'm happy to help out if I can.
    Meh, im on the old pc.. dodgy 'i' key on the keyboard!

Don't explain, he/she/it is being a tit.

Myth: Yea, looks that way anyway (with a view to going on to phd). Been approved anyway. Yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Boston wrote:
    Yes, but at trinity you'll get to meet a better sort of people.

please tell me you were joking....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Boston wrote:
    Don't explain, he/she/it is being a tit.

Its alright.. i know him from school!!!

Ill talke you up on that offer... if i get in that is!! Have to finish the leaving first... and get the results!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

i keep changing the order of the courses on my cao... id love to be sure of what i want to do like ye smart people seem to be.

at the moment i have primary teaching down first followed by childrens and general nursing and then social studies... but that could change, and chances are i may not get the points for any of them :(

Advertisement