Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hardwareversand build..few questions..

Options
  • 17-06-2007 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

i wont be getting me build for a month or two but im just looking up all tha options at the moment..

i was always going to get it off komplett but now im thinknig of going with hardwareversand...seen as it will be a few hundred cheaper..always nice :D

anyway im just wondering how much delivery is..i can see it says 30 euro to ireland but i read somewere below it.. i think it adds 1% of order to that..does it? and are the prices correct with no hidden cost like taxes etc..because it sems very cheap..

heres pic of basket im thinking of getting..

hardwarversandoy0.th.jpg

i know the gfx card might be a bit of an overkill atm but come the steady flow of directx10 games ill want to play them with good fps and aa and af both enabled and i wont be upgrading the card for at least 2 years maybe more..and was gonna get a 8800gtx for 630 off komplett so im saving like 60 euro and getting a way better card..

im also getting the lexa case and a ocz 700w psu off komplett seen as i cant find psu's on hardwareversand and the cases arent the best...

so overall is the build ok? anything i should change

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

IgsTer wrote:
    .... getting a way better card..

2 fps... you're getting a 2fps better card.. at max like 5 - 10

the ultra imho isnt worth it. drop down to the gtx from hardwareversand - 460~ for a club3d 8800gtx
    here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

whats the craic with this crowd? I've spec'd my system with them and it seems to be 150 cheaper... but I don't know about delivery... I don't really mind waiting a bit for the stuff.

People that have bought from them have been happy?

sorry for hopping on ur thread, buying similar stuff btw, I'll order now if I knew they were good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

delivery is about 30 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

They are slow due to their bank transfer system, thats the only catch really. A lot of ppl on boards have had dealings with them and they are above board (no pun intended).

Oh, please, please, please ditch the Ultra. Its the most retarded card ever conceived. Buy a nice GTX, maybe an aftermarket cooler and overclock it. I mean really!

Oh, and if you are building from scratch, getting XP over Vista 32 bit is a dead end. You wont be able to play directx 10 games under vista, making the Ultra an even more ridiculous proposition.

Seriously, get a GTX, every review for the Ultra says it is pointless given the price/performance ratio. Maybe go for a P35 board over the 680 as well. Everything else looks dandy, ive ordered the same screen for a new build. Btw, its native res is 1680x1050, so a GTX is more than enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 WiredMan

Hi guys,

I have *tried* to deal with HV twice but alas none(!) of their staff speak/understand English. They can read/write English ok but there are still many language barriers.

You might get to order something ok but I wouldn't trust their after sales service, considering how bad their pre-sales service was.

Good luck with the parts,

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I'm starting to get a peed off with them regarding an order I put through on May 30th which still hasn't come into their system as paid even though the money left my account on June 5th. I'm saving about 30% over the next cheapest site but with all this hassle I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it. I now have another week of trying to find out where the money is while the rest of my build is waiting there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Another boo for the Ultra, ain't worth it at all. I think it was released solely to see how much money people have/how stupid people are.
    Get a GTX and clock it up.

As well, Vista'd be a far better option like Dirk said. 64 bit preferably. Plus with the money you save on the Ultra I'm sure you could fit Vista in there. And if you've some more spare, more RAM is always a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

well i can speak german so im sorted :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

A big thumbs up for HV from me, (think i was one of the first to put the word out :D, maybe). I bought a monitor off them only problem i had was caused by me not paying in time and the problem was sorted out in a very timely and friendly manner through email. ( 2 days 2 emails sorted).

Also i like the fact that they're getting so popular we've abreviated em. lol.

Latenia whats the problem you're having with them is it an issue at their end or yours? ie. your bank?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

A big thumbs up for HV from me, (think i was one of the first to put the word out :D, maybe). I bought a monitor off them only problem i had was caused by me not paying in time and the problem was sorted out in a very timely and friendly manner through email. ( 2 days 2 emails sorted).

Also i like the fact that they're getting so popular we've abreviated em. lol.

Latenia whats the problem you're having with them is it an issue at their end or yours? ie. your bank?

i think kannie was the first to use it.

this is like 2 years back when everone used jescomputers in germany.there were really cheap and accepted CC but then they stoped and they died away in boards.the site is now http://jes.de/

lol look what i found http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=172486

this has poped up about this new german site few times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

well i was talking about hardwareversand specifically, i dint think i discovered german websites, lol :p
    www.idealo.de is one i'm trying to push now give it a look. lol. Think i might get a job in advertising i'm curently lookin for one.... anyone got a job for someone with a degree in automation and robotics (electrical engineering) lol Please dont Ban me mods....

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

thanks for the feedback guys...

reason why i was getting xp with it was because of compatibility probs with alot of stuff that id like to use...such as games and ts dont think works either..and its important that they do..and also game performance is supposed to be pretty crap..

im planning on maybe adding a raptor and extra 2 gigs of ram maybe for christmas or coming up to it..so for now the ram isnt a prob...

so if i do go down to a 8800gtx playing at 1600x1050.. could i play future directx 10 games with around 50+ fps all tha time such as in crysis etc..maybe even with af and aa on?

i could then buy xp as well as vista and install both maybe?

ive also decided to get 680i A1 and not 680i LT and also trowing in a zalman 9700 cpu fan with the list..

Ok, Ich spreche kein Deutsch und Können Sie mir helfen?

I ordered off HV, prepayment has just been confirmed. How long do their deliveries take and can I expect another GLS delivery to my treehouse?

Danke.

i think they take a week to confirm payment and another week to deliver..

i went ahead on what ya's said..and was able to lower down tha price of this by a few hundred easy enough and still looks like a good rig i think..

heres screeny of basket

hardwarevv1.th.jpg

i can now get this within a few weeks instead of months :D

one thing im not sure of though is the case..is it alright or will i go with the nzxt lexa off komplett...the thermaltake is supposed to have something going on with case slots at back holding on with pegs that stops putting double pci slot gfx cards in properly...well not unless you bend the steel on gfx card..so im not sure if ur able to take them off doh which will save me that trouble..what yous think..is it worth getting the thermaltake with the rest of stuff which will be more ease..or go ahead and get lexa off komplett and cost an extra 50 euro in the end but have no problems with it at all and looks beter imo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

If I was to change things, I'd get Mushkin 1066mhz RAM as it's only €20 dearer and I'd also get the Corsair HX620 psu. They're apparently great psu's.

Shame you didn't go with Vista in the end. It may be a bit slower for most games, but it is the future. Also, a high end system like that won;t feel the hurt as much. At least you can switch later on.

Very nice setup.

Also have to agree with timans. I have heard that Corsair outsource the making of their PSUs to seasonic. They are extremely affordable, very efficient and pretty quiet too. I was forced to change to the 520W as HV don;t stock the M12 500W anymore, cant say im too disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I have to withdraw some of my criticism above as it turns out the original fault was with my own bank. They did have my money since June 8th though and could have made a bit more effort trying to locate it. Anyway, gear is on the way so I'm happy enough.

Yeah Ive found if you keep pestering them they try to be more expedient. They told me they have the money (in german, ive told them i dont speak german, but they keep emailing me in german, god bless babel fish!) and my order is on the way.

yeah timans im gonna go with you and change the psu to the corsair 620 and also the ram.. :D

ive had a look up on the corsair psu..and even doh made by seasonic..seems to be a bit better..

i liked having some of the stuff like moduler cables, low noise , good cooling, good power, is small in size and ability to merge rails into one sounds good just incase there aint enough power on one rail to power the gtx etc..not sure if that will be a problem doh with the seasonic if i were to get it?

and also dont know much about ram..but seeing as its faster..i might as well get it for an extra 20 euro as ya said..that is if the other components support it such as motherboard 680i LT?

this the ram here?
    http://www3.hardwareversand.de/8VK6iVtn1mhF3i/3/articledetail.jsp?aid=9978&agid=677

and yeah think im gona go with xp for now..think it will cause less probs for the time being and its my first build so dont want any unwanted problems..and theres also no need for directx10 support just yet..so ill prob upgrade to vista later in year or early next year.. :D

cheers

• Advertisement

Yeah, that's the RAM.

I myself, am building my first pc in the next few weeks and am using HWV also. I don't have the luxury of getting such a high priced one though. :p

kool mate..thanks for telling me about tha psu and ram as i would much rather have moduler wires instead of hanging all exceess ones down in the middle of tha case lol..and the faster ram will be nice to have :D

i read somewhere that the 4gb version only supports 64bit os and programs..hopefully its not the case with the 2gb version :(

haha..ye im gonna order this the last week of july so theres still a fair bit to go in order to get me funds up :D just want the days to go by faster.. :)

ye hwv is prob gonna be tha new komplett..there prices are way way cheaper..anyway good luck with tha build of yours..ill be sure to report back a few days before i order this just to make sure everything is right :D

Yeah, afaik, the 2GB is fine with 32 bit Vista/XP.

I'm getting that psu, not the RAM though, can't afford it.

Advertisement