Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many webpages is 25MB?

• 17-06-2007 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭

Have an E61 with 02 (Billpay). . am thinking about signing up to their data Package which is EUR 20 pmth for up to 25MB. . .roughly how much surfing on the internet will that get me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

It depends on how big the webpage is, how much content is has, such as graphics, text, video, sound, etc.

I personally think it is extremely bad value for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sheepshagger

tom dunne wrote:
    It depends on how big the webpage is, how much content is has, such as graphics, text, video, sound, etc.

I personally think it is extremely bad value for money.

mmm I guess id be using pages designed for pdas etc (like RTEs pda version and other low graphic websites).

I see from 02's website they have an 'Unlimted Blackberry' price plan (in the business section). . .where EUR 25 gets you unlimited email/web access (as opposed to the 25MB limit in their Personal Price plans). . .the only problem is that I think the unlimited plan is only for Blackberry branded devices (which isnt mine as its a Nokia). . .seem to be getting conflicting answers when I call Customer Care or Visit an 02 shop :confused:

Have seen 3's offering but they dont roam to that many countries so woul liek to stay with 02 if I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

The E61 is essentially a blackberry. While not a Blackberry "brand", it offers a blackberry service. If it pushes email, and can directly avail of the blackbery data service that o2 offers, it should be in the same data offering as a blackberry "device".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

quintron wrote:
    The E61 is essentially a blackberry. While not a Blackberry "brand", it offers a blackberry service. If it pushes email, and can directly avail of the blackbery data service that o2 offers, it should be in the same data offering as a blackberry "device".
    this is correct. my friend has an e50 and has the blackberry tariff with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

When using the Blackberry tariff just make sure that you use the WAP access point and not the Internet one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sheepshagger

Good stuff. . .thanks for clearing that up (that I should beable to use the 'unlimited Blackberry' tarriff.

Dumb question. . . .whats the difference between using WAP instead of the Internet :o

I've never noticed any difference when using a devices inbuilt browser and WAP - which is what you'll be doing. The internet APN just gives you access to more ports and services and is generally completely unrestrictive (i.e. lets you use email clients, mobile browsers, voip apps, etc) - although someone will probably have a more technical explanation for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

I have the 25mb deal on my E61 on voda. I know its not a good deal but I'm stuck on it for the next couple of months until I can switch to O2.

The Blackberrry apn is very restrictive. Basically it stops you from using many of the nice apps on the e61 as these need the internet apn - you can't use mobile search, other email clients, voip, any IM client etc. I also believe it restricts many of the web sites that you access.

Give me an example of a website elderlemom?

Advertisement