Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Pressure

• 17-06-2007 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭

Theres been a lot of talk recently about how 'stressful' it is for leaving cert students doing so many exams so close together. I don't agree that it is anymore stressful than any other exams we've done. I haven't had an exam for the last 5 days and Im bored stiff (excuse the pun) of the break I have in between my exams.
    We're all used to doing exams over a week, not over 2 weeks so the LC is actually easier. The mocks were done over 5 days in my school so the LC now seems a breeze in terms of the stress and time available.
    Anyone actually agree with changing the exam structure? You'd be wrong

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

For me the exams weren't stressful until the day before the exam. After that your grand then :D
    I am screwed for Physics tomorrow :(, at least I'll be finished then though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Smegball wrote:
    For me the exams weren't stressful until the day before the exam. After that your grand then :D
    I am screwed for Physics tomorrow :(, at least I'll be finished then though :D
    I have 3 more to do over Monday and Tuesday.
    The hour and a half break between the exams as well is far too long, I have to wait ages tomorrow between Physics and Accounting

BrightEyes wrote:
    I have 3 more to do over Monday and Tuesday.
    The hour and a half break between the exams as well is far too long, I have to wait ages tomorrow between Physics and Accounting

Thats unlucky :( .
    Personally I don't mind the breaks, great chance for a nip down to the chippy :D
    How are you off for Physics?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Splinkk

Well, it really does depend how lucky you are with your subjects and your time table.
    Quite a few friends of mine had a 5 day leaving cert (English,Irish,Maths,French,Geography,Home ec and Biology)

Then even more had a 6 day leaving cert.
    Just because you have loads of days for breaks, doesnt mean everyone does.
    I feel they should change the format to an almost LCA-esque format. Constant assesment.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

BrightEyes wrote:
    Eh?Why?Its great for cramming!Saved my ass in history, because it refreshed everything after that ****ing 3 hours of business.Anyways the LC wasn't stressful for me at all, bar that day before Business and History.In fact the LC was quite underwhelming indeed......boring and mundane almost.I expected it to be extremely difficult, and that i'd feel the need to spend every minute of the day cramming.....But it isn't and I didn't.Ah well.Almost over anyways.Roll on Wednesday.

• Advertisement

Eh?Why?Its great for cramming!Saved my ass in history, because it refreshed everything after that ****ing 3 hours of business.Anyways the LC wasn't stressful for me at all, bar that day before Business and History.In fact the LC was quite underwhelming indeed......boring and mundane almost.I expected it to be extremely difficult, and that i'd feel the need to spend every minute of the day cramming.....But it isn't and I didn't.Ah well.Almost over anyways.Roll on Wednesday.

Yeah, the day before History and Business I was just a big ball of stress! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

I feel that the break between exams is too long! I liked the fact that with the pres they were all over within a week and I was able to remain in exam mode. The last few days have been very boring! All over tomorrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

I hate all this waiting around, the two days before Math II, the two days before Physics, the three days before App Maths ... thats what makes me stressful; all the time to think about my last exam and where I might have c0cked up.
    I wouldn't be bothered by doing them on a Saturday/Sunday even, just to get them over with. Especially considering how late I'm finishing with App. Math, while nearly every one else is finished tomorrow or already, and out enjoying themselves.
    As for the pressure, I was really feeling it before English, but when I got that over with 'twas grand. English is always the half-way mark for me in any exams. Ughh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Jay112

Found no stress during the Exams at all! just took them in my stride, iv had the quickest Leaving Cert in my school, only did 6 subjects, So i started wednesday the 6th straight through till tuesday 12th, biology bieng my last exam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭sunflowerz

BrightEyes wrote:
    Theres been a lot of talk recently about how 'stressful' it is for leaving cert students doing so many exams so close together. I don't agree that it is anymore stressful than any other exams we've done. I haven't had an exam for the last 5 days and Im bored stiff (excuse the pun) of the break I have in between my exams.
    We're all used to doing exams over a week, not over 2 weeks so the LC is actually easier. The mocks were done over 5 days in my school so the LC now seems a breeze in terms of the stress and time available.

They shouldn't change the exam structure at all. It's almost like a right of passage into adulthood. If we have to survive the leaving cert, the future generations should too!!! selfish, i know..but how would feel if they changed it and made it easier right after we've gone through the pressure of it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭sunflowerz

BrightEyes wrote:

They shouldn't change the exam structure at all. It's almost like a right of passage into adulthood. If we have to survive the leaving cert, the future generations should too!!! selfish, i know..but how would feel if they changed it and made it easier right after we've gone through the pressure of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

The media have to sell their papers somehow....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

I had my last test on thursday and I have one more next friday. I haven't done anything since my last test whereas for the other exams I spent the night before cramming and working hard. I prefer it that way. breaks make you lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭wba88

I had my last test on thursday and I have one more next friday. I haven't done anything since my last test whereas for the other exams I spent the night before cramming and working hard. I prefer it that way. breaks make you lazy.
    woohoo 4 last night cramming!! 2moro is my last day! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

Well today is the most stressed I've been in 6 years of school! Physics tomorrow! aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh:eek:

Well today is the most stressed I've been in 6 years of school! Physics tomorrow! aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh:eek:

QFT :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I dont want the exams spread out. You know what they say , waiting is the hardest part.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Apart from the night before Bus & History I have been surprisingly calm, I find exam conditions strangely comforting, knowing that everyone is going through the same thing. I think I was more nervous for the mocks! But at this stage I've been off since Wednesday and I'm just waiting for Italian on Friday now..taking its time innit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Pressure... what pressure????

Havnt been stressed at all. Fair few people in school have been very stressed. I'vve been finding it fine.. if anything, stress will make them all more difficult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mateo

The lead up to it is the most stressful thing.

But doing the exams isn't stressful

• Advertisement

Smegball wrote: »
    Thats unlucky :( .
    Personally I don't mind the breaks, great chance for a nip down to the chippy :D
    How are you off for Physics?

Ended up getting an A2, sorry for not replying sooner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

4 years later you come back to the thread???:eek::p

4 years later you come back to the thread???:eek::p

lol yeah, was browsing through my history. Mad to think how quickly those 4 years went

Advertisement