Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racism in BB house??

Options
  • 17-06-2007 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Emily got kicked out of Big Brother house for saying a racist word, even though i dont think she meant it in any bad way what so ever, but if you were watching the night that Seany came into the house, Carol was going out into the garden and she reffered to him as a leprechaun, now i dont care bout the word leprechaun its not as strong word as what emily had said but its still partly racism and nobody has said nothing about it!! Wasnt too keen on Emily but she never should of get thrown out for that!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Shows you that words are powerful things. If Emily hadn't said nagger then we could have looked forward to a summer of watching her prancing around in her skimpy bikinis each evening. Instead we have to suffer Manfred Manface and her Vicky Pollard routine. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

is this two old threads merged into one. The N*Word gets a more serious reaction from people than leprechaun no matter how anyone argues it. although personally people who get offended by what they hear on a TV show are just plain stupid IMO. im not offended if other people are idiots i just feel slightly bad for them, although they dont always deserve the pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Wasn't this thread deleted the last time we had it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Was the other thread deleted? Why? Any news of our complaints to ofcom?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MLALLY

this is me first time posting this thread, im new to all this, why would it be deleted??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭llester

LOL.....should we start an Ofcom campaign??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

boreds wrote:
    Was the other thread deleted? Why? Any news of our complaints to ofcom?;)

I see the housemates got a general bollocking the other morning (Friday I think). From what I remember of the wording, the Leprechaun incident may well have been included but not specifically identified.

Power to the people! :D:p

Dyflin wrote:
    I see the housemates got a general bollocking the other morning (Friday I think). From what I remember of the wording, the Leprechaun incident may well have been included but not specifically identified.

Power to the people! :D:p

Oh really??? This wasn't shown on the highlights show, what happened?

llester wrote:
    LOL.....should we start an Ofcom campaign??

We already had one the day after the incident occured. At least 7 of us from these forums lodged complaints with Ofcom, but don't think any of us heard anything back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭llester

We already had one the day after the incident occured. At least 7 of us from these forums lodged complaints with Ofcom, but don't think any of us heard anything back.
    Excellent!!! Might start a topic over in the other place informing them!!! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement