Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DV Greencard winner entering US for first time

Options
  • 17-06-2007 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi

Will be heading to the US at the end of the summer. Flying from Dublin to Newark and then connection on to a third city.

My question is where will i clear emigration? Will i hand the package i was given in the embassy in at Dublin, Newark or my final destination? Will it take long is there a chance i could miss my connection?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Mine took close to an hour. This was in Boston, in '96. I would guess that you will clear immigration in Dublin. In Newark, passengers from pre-cleared flights go out through a different channel, so they would have to clear everyone. I would get to the airport in plenty of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Is your flight with the same airline (with the connection as well)? You probably should pass through in Dublin. Don't think it takes long, just a signature and fingerprinting for yourself and you are on the way. Best of luck for the move. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Kattyboy25

omg! don't tell me you've already done you interview at the embassy... that I have to admit was quick! I'm still waiting to do my interview. Americano could you please share your experience at the US Embassy, i.e. how long it took and what questions that asked? Personally I would love to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Americano

Kattyboy im 2007 winner. Its a slow process!!

Interview easy peasy barely a question asked just ave your paper work in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Ajos

I flew out of Dublin and handed my package in at JFK. It didn't take too long, but it entirely depends on how many people are in front of you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement