Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

R6 Vegas - killing Irena

• 17-06-2007 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Goddamn it, this is pissing me off.

How the hell do I kill Irena. I clear the warehouse out and tell yer man to hack the computer.

And I get no further. I huddle under the stairwell to the left and take all the guys that come down the wires. No go - you have failed to kill Irena.

No matter where I position myself, I fail. I've tried smoke grenades to mask the computer console but EVERY f**king time, no go.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I enjoy a challenge. But this is so hazy as to be disheartening. Is this a bug? Cos, my god, the game is buggy. It loaded a level today with no textures! Bizarre. (see attached pic)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

thats very strange mate, to be honest i haven't had any prob with this game at all, textures included, regarding irena, i just shot her bout 6 times and she dropped like a sack of spuds, good luck with it, why don't ya google walkthroughs for it might be helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

The first time I played that exact location you uploaded there was no textures. Btw I am also stuck in the same spot as yourself, I haven't played R6 in months because it pissed me off so much.

thats very strange mate, to be honest i haven't had any prob with this game at all, textures included, regarding irena, i just shot her bout 6 times and she dropped like a sack of spuds, good luck with it, why don't ya google walkthroughs for it might be helpful

Y'see, I don't even get that far! I've checked the walkthroughs, hints etc. but no matter what I do, it says that 'you've failed to kill irena'.

Nephew wrote:
    The first time I played that exact location you uploaded there was no textures. Btw I am also stuck in the same spot as yourself, I haven't played R6 in months because it pissed me off so much.

Well, at least I ain't bloody well alone! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Just finished this this evening and at first was having the same problem as you. you need to kill all the guys within a set time but there is usually one fecker who hangs back so the time expires. It's a pain but it's doable.

Just finished this this evening and at first was having the same problem as you. you need to kill all the guys within a set time but there is usually one fecker who hangs back so the time expires. It's a pain but it's doable.

Ha ha. Cheers guys. In complete frustration I went completely mental with smoke grenades and a P50 - and I got through!!

:D

Secret is (for me) to make sure you stay within the crates immediately around the computer console and throw feckloads of smoke and stun grenades.

The ending wasn't too bad either - although that may just be happiness at getting past that bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

aye was going to tell ye thats how you do it. Another bug I found was strianght after killing all the badies and hacking the computer i went upstiars to go in the door to kill her but the door wouldnt open. Had to restart and do it all over again!
    1st time i played that level as well there were no textures. quit to menu and reloaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Never had a problem with glitches there, but I did get stuck there for a while.
    (By which I mean about three days!!!:D )

Once you get past it though, it just seems so simple!

Once you get past it though, it just seems so simple!

Bloody yeah!

I still think it's glitchy. I've held out for 3/4 mins and killed everyone that came along only for it to summarily declare 'you have failed to kill Irena'.

But it took no time at all when I finally got through. :confused: Lobbed a few grenades, took out the lads that come down on the left as always and DA DA!

You're through. I crept up the stairs in terror that I'd be knocked off by some guy before I got to a save point :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Same thing was happening to me !! You have to wait for your guys to tell you its clear to go upstairs and then you go up!You dont actually kill her for a few mins after that part.Was stuck there for about 4 hrs one day!!Its been awhile but the guys do tell you that the door is unlocked and you go in the door on the left of the glass to progress.Iv just started playing the campaign on this again.WHAT A GAME.

Advertisement