Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuter advice please

Options
  • 17-06-2007 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Cycle from Cabinteely to Dublin (8 or 9 miles each way) 5 days a week. Got a Specialized HardRock a few years back for mountain biking. Bought a second set of wheels and put 1 1/4" tyres Armadillo tyres on for cycling to work.
    Thinking bout getting a new bike now.
    Was looking at the Trek FX range. Anyone any experience in these?
    Ideally looking for a comfortable but fast cycle in and out of work. I guess something like this Trek bike will be faster than my current setup with a lighter frame and other bits designed for road cycling?
    Would appreciate any advice
    Gar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭wahlrab

i have a trek fx7.1 which is a good bicycle for commuting and fast and nice to cycle over short distances but not that nice for any serious length, like say over 40k, also i didn't like the bike when it had panniers on, it didn't handle very well with them on, so that might be an issue for you

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

Thanks for reply.
    Dont do longer cycles, and dont need a pannier so might suit me better than my current setup.
    Whats the difference between fx7.1, 7.3, etc?

Advertisement