Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stearing wheel set up

• 17-06-2007 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Does anyone else have a wheel for the 360 , i got one today and its really difficult to use ive been messing around with the options but nothing seems to help . there seems to be 3 options in the setup ( cmcrae ) Steerring dead zone , Staturation and lineage .

I am assuming dead zone is how far you can turn it before the car starts turning , staturation seems to be how far around equals full turn of the wheels , but ive no idea what the other one is .

Im finding the wheel very difficult to use on forza i keep slipping off the track ( even with braking line indicators on and yellow ) i am also while accelerating in a straight line just spinning out of control when i put the boot down . Im normally pretty handy at these games with the pad and rarely spin off in the two ways above but the wheel seems to have turned them both into hover craft racing on oil games :D unless i plod along at 100 kmph and sometimes the car has spun at 11 kmph !!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

have been planning on buying the steering wheel for forza2, how well does the force feedback work ?
    also id imagine you get worse before you get better...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

As soon as I pay off my holiday to Greece for 6 weeks, and am out of debt, I'm buying this steering wheel. It's a kick ass bit of kit and I'm going to master Forza 2 and Colin Mcrae Dirt...it's a savage game!!!! I ****ing love it and I don't even own either yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Grayarea

I have had the wheel for about two monthes now and have found that the force feedback in Forza 2 is better than PGR3.

It gives a IMHO fairly realistic driving effect. You get power on centering, it goes light on loss of traction and gives good feedback when you hit curbs etc as the wheel tries to pull.

I think that the 360 wheel is the best by a large margin of any wheel I have tried (that is not a large list however :))

Later,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

How much is the wheel retailing for these days?

I'm hooked on Forza (as I'm sure we all are:p ), and the wheel is a necesity TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

jodolan wrote:
    Im finding the wheel very difficult to use on forza i keep slipping off the track ( even with braking line indicators on and yellow ) i am also while accelerating in a straight line just spinning out of control when i put the boot down

ok when you slip off the track I'm guessing its understeer.

It slounds like you have a heavy foot or are just flooring the throttle on a very powerful rear wheel drive car.

I have only played the game for about 2 hours but have not experienced anything like that. Again what driver aides have you got turned on?

If you have traction control on then it will lessen the sliding out when accelerating .

So Check what aides you have on and try turning some off and on and see how that works for you. Also alter the spoilers etc for more downforce. Your top speed will suffer but the car might corner faster

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jodolan

Vegeta wrote:
    ok when you slip off the track I'm guessing its understeer.

It slounds like you have a heavy foot or are just flooring the throttle on a very powerful rear wheel drive car.

I have only played the game for about 2 hours but have not experienced anything like that. Again what driver aides have you got turned on?

If you have traction control on then it will lessen the sliding out when accelerating .

So Check what aides you have on and try turning some off and on and see how that works for you. Also alter the spoilers etc for more downforce. Your top speed will suffer but the car might corner faster

Im not sure what driving aides i have on ( it shows the braking line but thats it ) TCS is on but the thing that gets me is with the controller im fine ill fly around the tracks and really drive the cars hard , late braking power down coming out of corners and rarely seem to loose it but with the wheel if i get half a lap done without spinning its a good lap !!

Its basically come to driving around a 100kmph max speed some corners ive to get down to 20 kmph to get around them ( thats walking speed :D ) . im trying to get used to the accelerator and braking . if you leave power on the accelerator you cant turn if you lift off you stop . I swear im liek a old granny goign around sometimes stopping on corners !!

in the stats Colin Mc puts up it has longest distance without a crash 340 metres :D

PS: i do drive in real life ive a 2 litre sports car so its not that im not uses to a wheel and pedals but if my car reacted like the ones in the game id be responsible for 80% of the countries accidents .

Iv taken to learning to drive again im pottering around tracks a 60 -100 kmph and holding it on but finishing last . maybe it will take time

what view do you use for driving?

In car or out of car. I cant drive out of car to save my life so try switching that up too.

How sensitive is the throttle on the steering wheel??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Vegeta wrote:
    How sensitive is the throttle on the steering wheel??
    Not sure how to answer that but you can set the deadzones how ever you want and they respond to every touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I ain't going to be getting the wheel for any games, just don't like them........never have!!!

ANd yes I'm hooked on Forza 2.:D

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Not sure how to answer that but you can set the deadzones how ever you want and they respond to every touch.

What I mean is, is the throttle like an on/off switch, you press the pedal a tiny bit but the car opens up full throttle (I hate this in driving games) or a more like an accelerator in a real car?

Playing the game with the controller I found the accelerator a little over responsive, by this I mean if you barely pull the trigger and the driver presses the accelerator way harder than i intended. That can probably be adjusted in game but I didn't look for it.

It becomes obvious in low speed corners where you break and then want to get a constant lowish speed through the corner but if you barely pull the trigger the car trys to race away.

I was hoping that with the pedals from the wheel that you could improve on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Grayarea

Vegeta wrote:
    What I mean is, is the throttle like an on/off switch, you press the pedal a tiny bit but the car opens up full throttle (I hate this in driving games) or a more like an accelerator in a real car?

Playing the game with the controller I found the accelerator a little over responsive, by this I mean if you barely pull the trigger and the driver the presses the accelerator way harder than i intended. That can probably be adjusted in game but I didn't look for it.

It becomes obvious in low speed corners where you break and then want to get a constant lowish speed through the corner but if you barely pull the trigger the car trys to race away.

I was hoping that with the pedals from the wheel that you could improve on this.

I have found the accelerator to be easy to control like a real car, but the break bites a bit too sharply for me. I will have to look into the deadbands as you are supposed to be able to fix this.

Later,

Pushing down half way makes it go half the top speed etc its pretty good , bar the braking taking your foot off the accelerator and pressign the brake causes the car to just stop rather than slow down , then it goes into reverse and starts goign backwards :D

I think its going to take a bit of time , id recomend the microsoft one if someone is gettign one , have nt tried the rest but thsi one works well with force feedback as well

So, price anyone?

Just wanna know if I'm gonna have to wait for my next paycheck before picking it up!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

So, price anyone?

Just wanna know if I'm gonna have to wait for my next paycheck before picking it up!;)

microsoft one is 140 , mad kats have one for about 80 i think the mad kats one has rumble but no feed back ( turns against you ) the microsoft one is very good thats the one i have . if you get the wheel and game in "Game" you get some money off ( 25 off microsoft 15 off Kats )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Believe it or not, Argos is actually the cheapest place to get the Microsoft wheel.

Cheers guys.
    Just took a look at the Argos site.

€119.99!

You're right Darwin, gotta get me one tomorrow (f the bank allows!:p )

Advertisement