Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halifax - Has anyone moved to them?

Options
  • 17-06-2007 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Im with BOI and my graduate status is due to expire soon. I've seen that Halifax have better rates on pretty much everything and Im tempted to move on. Their internet banking seems as good if not better.

Has anyone moved to Halifax yet? If so, can you tell me what your initial thoughts are?

I've a fairly good relationship with my BOI bank manager but I dont think thats enough to warrant paying high rates and account fees.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

http://www.bankofireland.ie/html/gws/personal/day_to_day/index.html

TBH Halifax would let you believe that they are the bees knees. Most banks have a free fees deal TBH.

http://www.bankofireland.ie/html/gws/personal/day_to_day/free_banking/index.html

As well as that the Halifax dont have their own ATM network and dont have the branch network to match the likes of BOI / AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Do you necessarily need a branch network though? I couldn't tell you the last time I actually went into my branch. And if they have one relatively near, what's the problem?

About the atm at least they are starting to bring them in. There's 2 new ones at their office on Stephen's Green, which will be operational by July and I'm not sure but I'm sure there's others around as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Can I use Halifax cards at BOI and AIB ATMs?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yes. Any ATM with a VISA or PLUS symbol on them, which is pretty much any ATM in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

BuffyBot wrote:
    Yes. Any ATM with a VISA or PLUS symbol on them, which is pretty much any ATM in Ireland

Their own ATM network wont really effect me so. Im just after something simple with no fees and excellent internet banking. If I could avoid going to the branch by doing everything over the phone or better still, on the net.. I'd go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Stinkerbelle

I've made my mind up to switch to Halifax, seem to have all I need. PLUS they're open from 9-12 on a Saturday, which is what really sold it for me!

Advertisement