Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

quick NCT question

Options
  • 17-06-2007 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Will a car fail an NCT if the Airbag light is on on the dash?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Yeah,Its a car saftey test and i think and airbag would be important

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Par72

My car passed with the airbag light on.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

IIRC there's something in the NCT manual saying that there shouldn't be any warning lights on on the dash during the test, so I'd expect anything like airbag or ABS lights to fail it. It may have been overlooked, but would you not go and get it sorted out for your own sake anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

What kind of car is it? Some cars have connectors under the seat that can work loose if the seta has been moved backwards & forwards. This connector when lose or disconnected can cause the airbag light to come on. Might be worth looking into.
    I think anything in the VAG group is suseptable. (Well it certainly happened on an A3 & a Golf that I have come into contact with)(VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda/Bugatti:) )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

mine passed with light on, no problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Why is the NCT important in relation to this safety feature of your car? Wouldn't it be worth getting looked at whether or not there's an NCT coming up?

Anyway, that's your own decision to make. Here's the NCT manual link. http://www.ncts.ie/nctmanual.pdf
    It appears not to be mentioned but I've only skimmed it.

And the Airbag system warning light is lit on your dash because there could be something wrong with it. Bear that in mind. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭lau1247

What about speedometer??

For some reason when I lay down the accelerator or keep it constant, it is fine.. but whenever I lift the foot off the pedal, it will drop dramatically for about a second before it goes back to reading the actual speed..

Any opens?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Advertisement